V3i finds

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Well after the first 2 days struggling to understand the detector, today I went out at 10 and detected 5 straight hours, non stop. I set the machine to C&J just slightly modified and off I went. Well I am happy to say that I had never found so many coins, the detector was dead on telling me when there was a good target, it was only fooled by the pup tabs (I dug a lot of those today). Also found a ring and a broken ring. Nothing of value though.
I am starting to understand the detector pretty well.
Another thing that I love are the wireless headphones. OMG they are so comfortable, and the fact that there is no cable makes everything so much easier..
Anyway I just wanted to report that I fell in love.... The v3i is an amazing machine.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Attachments

• image-3386517118.jpg
    image-3386517118.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 128

mrtim

Jan 7, 2008
Nancy, KY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Spectra V3i HP, Whites MX Sport, Fisher F2, Bounty Hunter Quicksilver, Nokta/Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really like my V3i too. It takes some getting used to but is an awesome detector.

nov2101

Jul 6, 2012
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i with 2x3" eclipse, 6" DD,12" DD & 12"Hot shot.
Minelab CTX 3030 with 6" DD. 11"& 17"
2@Vibebra pin point probes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well after the first 2 days struggling to understand the detector, today I went out at 10 and detected 5 straight hours, non stop.

Great machine, I have been using Non V stamped coils from my ole DFX and they work fine too. I am currently buying newer V rated coils for TX boost... Enjoy nice job!

OP
OP
norbyx

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Here are some interesting finds of yesterday:

First one is a old fired bullet. It obviously looks like a rifle bullet, considering that it is the second bullet I find in the park, and where this park is there was a huge fight in the first years of this century than I can immagine that the bullets come from that revolutionary war.

f0376eae.jpg

c288e573.jpg

The second interesting find almost gave me a heart attack. I dig up a coin that is all dirty (go figure) so I start cleaning it with my gloves and I don't recognize the figure, I turn it arround, and I saw a figure of a conquistador.... I think,"This must be a superb find, a conquistador coin should be at least 200 years old" My heart starts to go fast... very fast... I calm down ... clean the back a bit more and guess what I see a date 2008.... what the %#@>??? I clean it better and there it was Republica de Panama, what was a panama coin doing in my park???
Well my heart started to slow down in that way that you actually feel depressed. I filled the hole and searched more, and found a second panama coin, this time it was a 1/4 balboa from 1980.

9919d810.jpg

c6d74e8f.jpg

c90d77a9.jpg

Also found 2 US cents, really bad shape, but since they are the newer ones I have been told they make them out of "air" almost so they get really bad after really short times.
f137597c.jpg

Than I found a ring, since I had been already fooled by the Balboa, I didn't expect it to be gold, even if it looked like it was, I didn't have my hopes high and tonight I tested it with the relative desity method, turned out to be zinc. So no gold.
82676b89.jpg

115e6464.jpg

18866665.jpg

Oh and the last interesting find is a piece of metal that I can't make out. Seems like something to do with an old lock, if you have any idea LMK...
6deb5b99.jpg

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you are getting the hang of the V3i now..Nice load of finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread