V3i VS the XP Deus

Cxtopher

Tenderfoot
May 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all!

Im still debating on which new machine I want to sink a ton of cash into. At first I was looking at the V3i vs 3030, but now I'm also looking at the XP Dues as well. I am very interested in any non bias opinons on which is a better machine. The majority of my hunting will be for relics and parks No need to mention customer support. I know Whites will beat everyone hands down in this category. Thank you in advance for your advise!

Ytcoinshooter

Tenderfoot
Aug 3, 2010
CT
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Equinox 600, F75 LTD SE, Whites V3i, ATPro, PI Pro, TDI Beach Hunter, CZ21, Excalibur 2 modded, Sea Hunter MK2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am using the V3i and I'm satisfied that I can set it up and get good results. I'm a longtime Whites guy who has owned several brands and currently use Minelab, Fisher and a Whites PI.
Honestly I am impressed with the CTX 3030 (don't own one) for it's balance and versatility. A couple of nights ago I got my hands on one just to check the balance and build. If you have any thoughts of entering the water for wading it's a worthy consideration. You should check out the specific CTX 3030 forums on the web.
The V3i has the potential to hunt in most any land application. The biggest problem I've seen is people not understanding the relationship between setting the gain, sensitivity and ground filter selection...for an example, there are endless adjustments. You just have to ask yourself what are your intended detecting applications / pursuits. Cruise the various detector specific forums you'll find plenty of info. YouTube may be a resource to look at too. Budget wise I see the CXT as the equal of having two detectors in one package. Some may say it's like having 3. I still want to see how they flush the unit completely after saltwater submersion. Yeah, the lower shaft has an opening for the coil wire you can use to direct a jet of fresh water but I'd like to be sure all sand is out by disassembling and inspecting. Maybe give it a freshwater bath too?
Okay I drifted. Check out those other forums!
HH!

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
In my personal opinion, the 3030 is too new to risk so much money... the deus, well many have tested it and many have sold it because they didn't like it, and the V3i even if it's a bit old design I consider it to be a dream machine. I have a MXT and if I were to change the detector the V3i is my main choice.

BigBeefy

Jan 19, 2010
Knoxvegas, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another thing to consider is your local ground mineralization. Some people just want brand X when their land requires brand Y detector. Find your local club and ask them which machine works best in your area.
When it comes to the high end detectors, you're really splitting hairs when it comes to bells and whistles. You need to make sure your technology meets your ground needs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread