V3i vs xp Deus

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
V3i anytime in the U.S. Never found the Deus weight advantage balanced back the inability to run frequencies together which compromises wet beach performance. Don't like/want a wireless coil....more to go wrong, reduces likelyhood of third party coils. Lack of third party coils means XP coils will stay to expensive. Never found the XP to be that deep, not a problem for U.K. detectorists searching ploughed fields where items are brought near surface every year but are your sites like this ?

Drawback with the Whites is that though the inbuilt programmes are way better/hotter than the ones in say the XLT you still need to get down and dirty and modify them to suit your sites and what your searching for if you really want to take advantage of all the machine has to offer.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The XP Deus is the fastest recovery machine I have ever used! Awesome in trash or bad iron. Holler if you have questions about it. I will make your great deal!

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But do most people in the U.S. really need that fast a recovery speed ? Plus its rarely mentioned nowdays that faster recovery speeds do still impact on depth with all detectors. Adjustable recovery speed can be a great thing but there's so many other factors to weigh up.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
But do most people in the U.S. really need that fast a recovery speed ? Plus its rarely mentioned nowdays that faster recovery speeds do still impact on depth with all detectors. Adjustable recovery speed can be a great thing but there's so many other factors to weigh up.

Have you seen how much trash is in our parks?? Lol specially the older ones.

Your right about losing depth when recovery speed is up. I always use lowest recovery speed and Deus and it's still faster than any other machine I have.

There is no perfect machine. For me it's always the right tool for the right job sorta mentality.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still come over every couple of years and most of the people who went for the Goldmaxx and Goldmaxx Power (the previous speed winners) for recovery speed didn't stick with them. Meanwhile over here with 3000 years of metallic rubbish people are happily buying the T2 and F75 which though fast, are not in the same speed class as the Deus but still do very well. There are faster recovering detectors than the XP's as a detector with an all metal primary search mode doesn't have to recover at all. Not that many in the States but plenty in the rest of the world.

Apr 13, 2012
Maryville, Tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am an authorized dealer for Whites and XP and have used both the V3I and Deus numerous times, feel free to call me or contact me anytime and I can give you a breakdown of the pros and cons of each machine

Olegrumpy

Apr 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sov GT-Explorer II-Goldbug Pro-Eurotek Pro-Classic III-Golden µMAX-1212-x-SH MKII-
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Talking about speed, and measured vs the DEUS, the Fisher Goldbug PRO DP equals the DEUS in recovery 4.

That being said, we here in Europe have had lots of fine US detectors that were NOT suited for our "relic hunting" targets and search conditions, and were not even good coinshooters because of pure nickel and/or steel core coins.

The initial question in this thread could be answered just asking oneself another question : Is the DEUS suited for US hunting conditions? I think it is, but I can't check (and I hate planes lol). The only point that has to be accepted in the US, imho, is the DEUS 's design. Not everyone 's ready to charge a searchcoil, not everyone 's ready to send back the coil when it's battery dies, and not everyone will accept the price tag for running only one frequency at the time.

When this is accepted, the DEUS has enough qualities to be a winner in the US too, it's an outstanding detector.

Detectors in that price range should be choosen searching matching points between the needs of the hunter and the features offered.

HH

Grumpy.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
not everyone 's ready to send back the coil when it's battery dies,

Great points Grumpy. You realize the battery can be swapped out without sending it in to the US based repair station correct? It is fairly easy.

Olegrumpy

Apr 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sov GT-Explorer II-Goldbug Pro-Eurotek Pro-Classic III-Golden µMAX-1212-x-SH MKII-
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well honestly no, I didn't realise that. I apoligise and will check here, I am sure it was the case not so long ago in France.

HH

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No apology needed. Just waned everyone to know its not a big deal to change them. I know several XP Deus's that have been running over 2 years on same batteries. Still holding full charges. They seem to be very good batteries in them.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Batteries were upgraded the other year and the battery change option still involves cutting the coil open and bonding it back together again afterwards, curing time etc. Richard Dodds who made a wireless coil twenty odd years back just designed for standard battery removal in the first place. He also beat XP with his own wireless headphones by around thirty years.

sandnsea49

Jan 16, 2005
Temperance, MI summer-Sarasota, FL winter
Detector(s) used
Etrac, XP Deus, Excalibur 1000, Whites Dual Field PI, Makro Multi Kruzer
I have both the Etrac and Deus and love them both. They each have their place. I recently hunted a junk filled park. First with the Etrac, found a few wheaties. Got into a real bad area, nothing but nulls, so pulled out the Deus, got a silver dime and silver quarter. I know this area has been hunted before, but probably not with machines as fast as the Deus. I also like the fact that I can adjust my own frequency, and sound to vid responses.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread