Vacation Blues

Chuck-N-Detroit

Oct 18, 2010
Warren, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, Equinox and Deus
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have been looking forward to my vacation for months. As we all know when you are getting ready to go on vacation, you think “what if I get a cold the day I leave”? Well on the plane down a lady was coughing without covering her mouth so after a few times I asked her to cover. Well sure enough, I came down with a cold. I was going to “rent” a car from my wife’s friend so I held off for a week and just hung out. Just as my cold cleared, I was carrying two dishes from breakfast into the kitchen and stepped on a rock that my wife set up to keep the door open. Down I went………. Ripped open my left hand and foot, landed on my right shoulder. So now, after another week I am 90% back to normal (but still have a sore shoulder). Now the car is not avail. until this Wed. So, I will end up with 2 or 3 days detecting IF I am lucky The good news is that I am eating good. Regards, Chuck

Attachments

• 1 - Fruit.jpg
    1 - Fruit.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 94
  • 1 dinner.jpg
    1 dinner.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 91
Upvote 0

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry you are having a rough vacation, but remember the worst day on vacation is still better than being in the snow and at work!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope better luck is coming your way :thumbsup:

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a bummer!
Those dishes look too delicious for someone, to be sick!
All I get to eat is chicken soup when I get a cold (sigh).

I have been looking forward to my vacation for months. As we all know when you are getting ready to go on vacation, you think “what if I get a cold the day I leave”? Well on the plane down a lady was coughing without covering her mouth so after a few times I asked her to cover. Well sure enough, I came down with a cold. I was going to “rent” a car from my wife’s friend so I held off for a week and just hung out. Just as my cold cleared, I was carrying two dishes from breakfast into the kitchen and stepped on a rock that my wife set up to keep the door open. Down I went………. Ripped open my left hand and foot, landed on my right shoulder. So now, after another week I am 90% back to normal (but still have a sore shoulder). Now the car is not avail. until this Wed. So, I will end up with 2 or 3 days detecting IF I am lucky The good news is that I am eating good. Regards, Chuck

Last edited:

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people dont need but 3 days to clean a beach and pay for a trip..... maybe your Karma will turn around and you will hit it big out there. GL....

Dew

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you'll make up for it all in those couple of days you can detect! GL. HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions