vacation form the Frozen Tundra

jarred4life

Oct 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, I'm new here and was recomended to ask around about some NC gold prospecting sites. I will be visiting my wife's family in the winston-Salem and Charlotte areas over the next 2-3 weeks. If anybody has a glory hole they just are dieing to tell someone about I would shoulder the burden of hearing it, albeit grudgingly.

Seriously though, I am looking for a likely creek to sluice in if anyone has any ideas. So far it looks like I will be trying the creeks in the Uwharrie forest just northwest of the small town of Uwharrie, and immediately east of Badin Lake. Any thoughts about this area would be greatly appreciated. I was also looking into the possibility of King's Creek just W of Charlotte and south of King's Mountain if anybody knows anything about that. I visited NC about 3 years ago and spent some time at Thermal City; while I learned some invaluable things there, I would prefer not to pay to play this time around.

I may also be interested in a little MD'ing if there are some good relic sites that need investigating in these area.

Thanks all, and HAPPY HUNTING!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread