njrelicgairl

Jul 1, 2013
warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites coin master and Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello
I have had my eyes on a piece of vacent Land,since last year,to do some metal detecting.
Today i found out that it was autioned off to a company that is called crusader servicing corporation.
Im looking to gain permission,to detect,that piece of land. The only thing is,would it be a wise thing to
try and do so? or would i get no where?

njrelictgairl

Upvote 0

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello
Well, I have desided not to call and ask for Permission for this land,Why?
well,I was told the other day, by a friend of my father, that that property is
Dangeries,and has a lot of holes,and rats running around. There was a home that
stud there in the early 1800s,. He told me that he is only looking out for my safety.

Vacant land has often been used for trash dumps in the past so expect shards of broken glass everywhere. Wear good shoes and gloves!

I would still check the place out. Rats will leave you alone. In NJ I would worry more about the people than the animals or holes in the ground.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As mentioned, the rats won't bother you. Wear gloves, long pants, knee pads, and boots. The only concern I'd have on an old property like that is a poorly covered well. Just go slow and carefully. If I could get permission, I'd hunt it in a heartbeat.

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know about you but lost rings and other such personal items IS what I'm looking for anywhere I hunt. So whose lying?? I wouldn't call it a lie when requesting to look for items that have been lost on that site. Choosing your words gets more yeses than no's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions