Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — A once-cent copper coin from the earliest days of the U.S. Mint in 1793 has sold for a record $1.38 million at a Florida auction.

-------------
unless you know it is nothing but an old penny

I find old stuff detecting and think, could it be??? the one??? that pays for my retirement??? LOL

nah, never is. I dig up the coins that are so messed up and rusted and cruddy you can't even tell what they are...or the current change that fell out of a walkers pocket :laughing9: :laughing9:

but the allure of finding that one thing is what keeps me detecting and discovering old stuff not seen anymore. cool

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See Farmer, you don't even know why that 1793 penny was so valuable...

That penny had a profile of Lincoln, the same portrait as on our pennies today :thumbsup: :tongue3:

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9: :laughing9:

oh yea being southern he was king in my book :laughing9:

but I tell ya what makes something worth a million and what makes something invaluable blows my mind

scary in life truly if you think about it

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're right.. A penny is a penny no matter how you look at it. I wouldn't even give 2 cents for a penny, that's a bad deal :tongue3:

I guess some people have too much money on their hands.. All I need is a name and an address and I'll be glad to help them out.. :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread