image-427462474.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 100

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Either or would work. I would Buy it now or best offer though maybe mark it down $10 less than the lowest one or a little higher with free shipping. Definitely do not scrap it. It's the end of the month somebody Will probably buy it. Not to mention Christmas is coming. I don't think Ull have a problem selling that.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Either or would work. I would Buy it now or best offer though maybe mark it down $10 less than the lowest one or a little higher with free shipping. Definitely do not scrap it. It's the end of the month somebody Will probably buy it. Not to mention Christmas is coming. I don't think Ull have a problem selling that.

Maybe even a little higher because you can sell it as new since it's on the original card.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last quote I promise. Do you have a necklace you can put with it as well? From all them Goodwill jars?

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, check the diameter, that way when you list it people will know what coins will fit into it. Good luck!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It fits the "dollar" sized coins only... the wieght is "key" ... 10 k does not sell for much.. if you want to know a rough estimate on value then you have to wiegh it ... without card (which does nothing for value) and use the calculator on this page I will provide.... make sure to change values accordingly (10k etc) and it will calculate SPOT... which contrary to what most say "they get" ,,, is actually the spot price and NOT what you will be paid.... BUT an honest gold buyer/dealer with a "low spread" will pay closest to the price on calculation...
For those of you who read this post as well use this calculator for ALL metals including sterling... notice the melt prices... AND READ details of these pages.

Gold Gram Price Calculator

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It fits the "dollar" sized coins only... the wieght is "key" ... 10 k does not sell for much.. if you want to know a rough estimate on value then you have to wiegh it ... without card (which does nothing for value) and use the calculator on this page I will provide.... make sure to change values accordingly (10k etc) and it will calculate SPOT... which contrary to what most say "they get" ,,, is actually the spot price and NOT what you will be paid.... BUT an honest gold buyer/dealer with a "low spread" will pay closest to the price on calculation... For those of you who read this post as well use this calculator for ALL metals including sterling... notice the melt prices... AND READ details of these pages. Gold Gram Price Calculator

Well if the thing only weighs a grandma doesn't mean it's only worth $16. You can sell a lot of stuff way over spot on eBay. I just sold a 14 k 2.2 gram pin for $210. So either way it's good to know when you listed but with that card on it and everything without looking at other ones I would list that thing for 80 bucks. Maybe even $120 Obo.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
agreed ... worth more than scrap on ebay i am sure... so try to sell it there... I personally do not buy or sell on ebay.

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Free Advice.

The most effective way to list an item on Ebay, is with a staring bid of 99 cents, and without a reserve.

Particularly if the item is listed in a category that doesn't have millions of the same item.

Ebay is a giant bidding psychology experiment. If an individual sees the auction early and wants the item, he'll watch it. At 99 cents, he'll think he's watching an incredible bargain. You will accumulate sufficient watchers to facilitate a competition for the item at the end, when the snipers come out to play.

It is only this way that you can achieve the highest potential value for an item.

(although it takes some stones to do it, when you know the item is worth hundreds... or even thousands.... )

gino22

Nov 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Free Advice. The most effective way to list an item on Ebay, is with a staring bid of 99 cents, and without a reserve. Particularly if the item is listed in a category that doesn't have millions of the same item. Ebay is a giant bidding psychology experiment. If an individual sees the auction early and wants the item, he'll watch it. At 99 cents, he'll think he's watching an incredible bargain. You will accumulate sufficient watchers to facilitate a competition for the item at the end, when the snipers come out to play. It is only this way that you can achieve the highest potential value for an item. (although it takes some stones to do it, when you know the item is worth hundreds... or even thousands.... )

This is the most certain way to sell it within a week, and possibly the only way to attain its absolute maximum value, but this model doesn't take into account the fact that the people who REALLY want it may not be looking during the seven days you have it listed. There are just as many items a 99 cent start is a terrible idea for as there items it's a great idea for. OP will probably get scrap give or take a few dollars going this route. Listing BIN or repeatedly listing with a slightly lower opening bid will probably fetch 2x scrap with a little patience.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread