value of coins

DigitNY

Jan 1, 2013
Cortlandt NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab 305, Fisher CZ70 Pro, Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would you bother selling an Indian head for 50 cents, they're far more valuable (to me at least) I know this doesn't answer your question, and you can do what ever you want. I just hate some of these coin values, wouldn't sell any of mine.

S

stefen

Lets look at this from the Coin Shop owner's point of view...since, the shop's owner is in business to make money...

If they sell an IH coin for (current market value) $1.00, then they need to purchase a coin from a seller and leave enough meat on the bone for profit and overhead....thence the offer of 50% of retail market value...

Your choices are as follows:

1. Keep the coin at its current market value
2. Sell to a Coin Store at 50% of market value
3. Trade to other collectors value for value
4. Auction the coin to the highest bidder...which may be below market + auction costs

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are only going to see close to spot/value on gold/silver coins. No need to sell.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i found a website called coin study and it gives values of all coins but when i called the coin shop i go to it said that they buy indian heads for .50 and the website said they start at 1.00 is this site wrong on its values?

Okay Mike, you found a site on line and you assume it has the correct pricing. Who made them the experts?
Just realize there are tons of sites out there with there own price guide. That's why it's called a "guide". Nothing is absolute. A coin is only worth what some one will pay for it.
HH
enamel7

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn't matter if you are selling IH or guns. Pretty much every business is only gonna offer you at MOST half of what they are gonna list it for. Speaking of IHs, I was in Ardmore Oklahoma the other day hitting a few antique shops and one of them was selling these completely toasted, pitted, unreadable date, obviously dug IHs for 4 bucks a pop! I pretended to be interested and asked them how often they get new coins in and she told me that those here are kinda rare and are usually gone in 2 days. You can never believe a word these people tell you even if they do look like a sweet old lady.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
It doesn't matter if you are selling IH or guns. Pretty much every business is only gonna offer you at MOST half of what they are gonna list it for. Speaking of IHs, I was in Ardmore Oklahoma the other day hitting a few antique shops and one of them was selling these completely toasted, pitted, unreadable date, obviously dug IHs for 4 bucks a pop! I pretended to be interested and asked them how often they get new coins in and she told me that those here are kinda rare and are usually gone in 2 days. You can never believe a word these people tell you even if they do look like a sweet old lady.

Those prob been sitting there for years broski, she's prob the lady stealing guroladys finds AKA "the old mans wife". Fiddy knows who I'm talking about.

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those prob been sitting there for years broski, she's prob the lady stealing guroladys finds AKA "the old mans wife". Fiddy knows who I'm talking about.

Sounds interesting. Can you let me on that info or is it not "forum appropriate"?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread