Varied finds this weekend.

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I actually found this last weekend, but thought it was trash. Found it when I cleaned out my pouch before going hunting this weekend. I put it in the what is it forum and was told it's a bridle rosette with what is probably the owners initials. My first rosette!

Found this yesterday at the same house I found the rosette. Any help on what it was used for would be appreciated. It reads "SEAL DP CO". Sorry I forgot to include a coin for scale. It's about 1.25 inches long.

Found one of these junkers at a tot lot and the other at an abandoned house. I found the house today by accident today when I was at a school. I was walking the tree line and the house was about 40 feet into the woods. It would appear to be on the school grounds since it's inside a fence line, but I can't imagine why they wouldn't have torn it down yet. I'll get pictures the next time I go. I found the ring on the bottom in the "front yard" of the house. The only coins I found were a 1946 Jefferson and a Lincoln cent that I didn't bother looking at the date. I was disappointed I didn't find anything older.

Probably my best find this weekend was at a local school this afternoon. I was just hoping to add to my clad total and scored this cool silver ring. Seems to be a fairly well known sterling company based on my searches.

Thanks for looking. GL & HH

Upvote 15

Inches from Insanity

Jul 19, 2013
Russell, KS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum, Whites DFX, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats awesome!!! I can only wish for three rings in a weekend!!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice variety there ! :occasion14:

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds. Yeah...I almost threw a few keepers away...got to really examine things very closely before tossing them.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OAK on the rossette!

The Lead Seal is the most unusual shape I have seen, normally these types are Cloth Seals but yours is for some other type of commodity.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
OAK on the rossette!

The Lead Seal is the most unusual shape I have seen, normally these types are Cloth Seals but yours is for some other type of commodity.

The seal is from the power meter outside... DP Co is Duke Power Company. The local electric utility. Priceless Bladerunner... just priceless!

Very nice silver spoon ring. Congrats.

Last edited:

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great mess o' finds there, congrats on the beautiful silver ring. I have yet to find a spoon ring, still searching. Sub 8-)

OP
OP
BladeRunner2019

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The seal is from the power meter outside... DP Co is Duke Power Company. The local electric utility. Priceless Bladerunner... just priceless!

Very nice silver spoon ring. Congrats.

Hey. If you're not here to tell me my seal is worth thousands then you're not helping! :laughing7:

But thanks for clearing that up. I guess I should lower the buy it now price of $500 from the eBay listing. :laughing9:

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really good weekend with some Awesome finds!!

Rosette, seal and rings with the spoon ring being a Sweet one!!

Congrats!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread