Various Old Suff, Some Odd & One Very Deep Old Button.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. A bunch of stuff from various sights and recent hunts. I got the big oval brass with iron back thingy today. Anyone have a clue to what it is let me know or I'll declare it a CW PLATE!:hello: I found it at my favorite haunt these days the huge sand box sight where I have recovered the two 2 Cent Pieces, 1849 O Seated Dime, and the recent two Indian Head Cents. I was frustrated with no coins so I stayed past sundown. I recovered the cute little watch. It was a scratchy signal with the iron in the mix but, repeatable. It was very mild weather wise so I hit the 1843 church across the street from my home. I haven't had the Nokta Impact over there yet. Curious to see if I could lock onto anything going very slow and methodical.

I managed to locate a very deep iffy signal and at nine inches a small button emerged. G. Barnett and R. Armfield button makers. No research yet but, I believe it's an oldie for sure. (Identification Provided by Digger460) Patent date of June 7, 1841. Thanks mate! This has to be one of my more impressive recoveries on a deep small target in an iron trashed old sight. I've removed a lot of trash but, the square nail bits are pretty nasty still. Had some good and well needed therapy. Thanks for stopping by. Kurios1

G. Barnett & R. Armfield Button Church 001.JPG G. Barnett & R. Armfield Button Church 003.JPG G. Barnett & R. Armfield Button Church 004.JPG G. Barnett & R. Armfield Button Church 005.JPG G. Barnett & R. Armfield Button Church 006.JPG G. Barnett & R. Armfield Button Church 007.JPG G. Barnett & R. Armfield Button Church 008.JPG G. Barnett & R. Armfield Button Church 009.JPG G. Barnett & R. Armfield Button Church 010.JPG G. Barnett & R. Armfield Button Church 012.JPG G. Barnett & R. Armfield Button Church 011.JPG G. Barnett & R. Armfield Button Church 002.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 13

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
That first pic looks like part of an emblem off a car? Dunno. Your right on that button. She's an oldie. English patent June 7, 1841 (The Mechanics Magazine). Sweet!! Looks like some words on your item in the 6th pic. Can't make it out. Nice dig's:icon_thumright:

Last edited:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
nice button. the iron looking thing, a handle? found one just like it the other day. you are working that Nokta pretty good, makes for good therapy for sure! I'm into therapy, a lot! got to love it when you find something like that button with info that allows you to date it. great job my friend as usual

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Defintely some wording on the back of the 6th photo. I can read "Michigan", then something illegible, then a "Co" and what looks like "Detroit" with some more illegibles after that. Nice variety of relics!

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils -Minelab Manticore-
-Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Youll get more coins soon, I can feel it. I like the watch a lot. Good luck at the old church.
In the 6th pic I see "48 A" at the top of the item. How big is it? Im curios to see what the thing is. Maybe a token of some kind?

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice button. the iron looking thing, a handle? found one just like it the other day. you are working that Nokta pretty good, makes for good therapy for sure! I'm into therapy, a lot! got to love it when you find something like that button with info that allows you to date it. great job my friend as usual

Thank buddy. This old 1843 church has been hammered since the analog days. I personally have had my Whites DFX, Explorer II, Makro Racers, and other friends over this sight. Finding a keeper over there is always quite an achievement in my eyes and quite a joy.:hello2:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That first pic looks like part of an emblem off a car? Dunno. Your right on that button. She's an oldie. English patent June 7, 1841 (The Mechanics Magazine). Sweet!! Looks like some words on your item in the 6th pic. Can't make it out. Nice dig's:icon_thumright:

The round brass part with the two holes in it is to an old steam engine. Michigan Lubrication Company. I found another one nearly identical before. Thanks for the dating on my old button. I was very pleased to see markings on this one. I love plucking anything old from the dirt. Also pulling another keeper from a spot which has been beaten to death stokes my boiler.:hello:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am not certain what the iron handle thing is? I was thinking another piece of horse tack gear but, it could be something else? I do appreciate old iron. Digger460 got a June 7, 1841 patent date for my button which thrills me to know it dates to the first settlers here in my little town. I am enjoying getting acquainted with the Nokta Impact. She seems to be working out quite well.:hello:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Defintely some wording on the back of the 6th photo. I can read "Michigan", then something illegible, then a "Co" and what looks like "Detroit" with some more illegibles after that. Nice variety of relics!

Part of an old steam engine. Michigan Lubrication Company in Detroit, Michigan. I found another one nearly identical to it this past year. Love old brass with stamping on it.:hello:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Youll get more coins soon, I can feel it. I like the watch a lot. Good luck at the old church.
In the 6th pic I see "48 A" at the top of the item. How big is it? Im curios to see what the thing is. Maybe a token of some kind?

I knew I should have put the identification in for that old steam engine part. Michigan Lubrication Company in Detroit, Michigan. I found another one nearly identical to it some time back this past year. I had a blast plucking that button from the church last night. No breeze at all so the weather was fine as the ground was beginning to freeze over. Also there is a huge sign on the front lawn that lights my way for quite an area. Never give up on a historic old sight. We never get it all buddy. :hello:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like some more nice relics Kevin. Keep at it.

Thanks neighbor. I put in lots of miles removing heaps of trash to get just ONE cool keeper. It's nice to have sights that will keep me entertained for the rest of my days. Love this treasure hunting therapy.:hello:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice finds! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread