Vault Hunting - How do you know if the vault is full still?

Redcap

Jan 26, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been reading alot on treasure signs, found in the field, after finding a very large, very obvious Owl boulder, obscured by some brush and trees. It's just as described in all the literature. My excitement is muted though, based on a number of factors, chief of which is "how do i know the vault is still full?"

When treasure or whatever it was, was moved along the road and made its way back to Spain, or, when a mine dried up and they moved to another, did the spanish map makers destroy the old markers, so that they didn't confuse active accumulation points and mines with those that were decommissioned or used up?

I haven't seen anyone speak to this, though it would make sense to destroy older markers if they were no longer in use, in order to have the most up to date and accurate mapping for their collections and explorations.

Any advice, with citations, would be great. Avid reader here, so looking forward to any suggested books, articles, or advice.

Thank you.

-Red

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red ,you need to read Sandy's thread . Then ask him ,he has been to a lot of old vaults

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

Redcap

Jan 26, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Bob. Read through the thread, and because this question wasn't answered there, figured it made sense to ask separately.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread