Vegas Bound

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
The guys I know there, that attempt to find anything old (older than the 1940s/50s neighborhood sprawl schools/parks) have to drive FAR into the desert to ghost towns. Because anything in Las Vegas itself (go figure) that dates to it's earlier beginnings, is obviously covered with asphalt .

OP
OP
gearjammer

gearjammer

Mar 14, 2015
northern Caifornia
Detector(s) used
Etrac and Ace 350 and a Gold Bug now.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Makes sense it's in Henderson, never been down there so maybe just leave it home and spend spare time at the bar. Lol

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
My friend said there's actually a club there. But , after attending a meeting or two, got the feeling it more just retirees with RV's (who carry their detectors on travels), or local yocals who just ply for modern jewelry (sandboxes, swim beaches, etc..). And not hardcore relicky old coin kinda hunters.

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think the local parks would be productive. The last time I was there I wished I had my detector. Good luck!

prospexican

Nov 28, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gemini-3 best expert.
gpx 5000, fisher 2 box, whites sierra madre, eagle ll w big foot, gold bug, GMT, MD-5008, Detectron 2 box. etc. metrotech 480, and ferromagnetic magnetometer FX-3. fisher CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i know a place were they just remove some very old houses, but hard to get permission, if interested contact me and ill get you to the people you need to ask for, then we will have lots of land to cover inside the city. or the gold strike area some one mention is a good place too.

OP
OP
gearjammer

gearjammer

Mar 14, 2015
northern Caifornia
Detector(s) used
Etrac and Ace 350 and a Gold Bug now.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, don't know how much time I might have with two girls playin ball but I guess I will put it in the car and see what happens. Thanks again for the suggestions Ya'll.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread