vending machine coin hunting!!!

coinlover

Oct 21, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
I've heard some people on here try vending machine coin hunting, so i decided to give it another shot Tuesday night. first, i started with quarters looking for bicentennials. we were at my friends church hanging around. i showed him that it gives you a different coin every time. since he is beginning to collect coins, he traded some state quarters with some eagle back quarters. he got the eagle's and a bicentennial. i tried quarters but found nothing. i moved onto dimes and about the tenth time not finding anything, i gave up. then i went onto nickels. i put a normal nickel in, hit the coin return and it gave me a 1964D. i looked at it and remembered that these were made in the millions so i put it back. i hit it again and it gave me a 1963 nickel. i put that one back also. i hit it again and it gave me a 1962D! i know its really not old, but good from a vending machine. i got another nickel out, and put it in and got my first 2007D nickel! machines are really good places to find the new coins. this took awhile to find this, but it was fun!

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 468
  • scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 465
  • scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 463
  • scan0004.jpg
    scan0004.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 469
Upvote 0
OP
OP
coinlover

coinlover

Oct 21, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
its not an error. its just my scanner. it dosn't get the details very good. i wish it were an error though! :)

HobBob

Feb 18, 2006
SW Oakland County, MI
I always put more than the purchase amount into the machine to force it to give me change. No silver yet, but it has yielded an older Jefferson nickel or two.
HH,
Bob

bdxample

Mar 2, 2007
Panama City Florida
Tried vending machine hunting this weekend while bored at work. I think I may have gotten a wisconsin die variety, the bottom rim on the back is much thicker than the top. Does anyone know of this variety, oh and this is my first post...Hello everyone!!! :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread