Calabash, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Ace 250/Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

steve from ohio

Aug 1, 2008
I go the the Treasure coast every year to detect. You are ok on the sand up to the water line. Do not wade, as you will have the authorities to deal with. You cannot detect in the federally owned areas of the coast either. Just stay in the county owned beaches and you will be fine.

I would also recommend doing some homework before you go. Find out where the wrecks are offshore if you are looking for Spanish coins. The modern stuff is nice to find too so find out the beaches where a skim board contest was held recently or the beaches that are most popular.

You will probably spend a lot of time looking and due to the sanding of the beaches, not finding much. But don't let that discourage you.
Some exciting finds have been made when others said that nothing can be found. Your best bet though is after a good storm and all the millions of dollars of sand put there by the state washes back out to sea as it always does. Or at low tide when the water is out.

Make sure you leave nothing of value in your car at the parking areas. There has been quite a few break ins and stolen property at the beaches of late.

That's about it. Have fun!

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
steve from ohio said:
The sand up to the water line. After a good storm or at low tide when the water is out.

Post before me very well written and like said

I do my best, hitting the tide line at low tide since you can't or allowed to be hunting in water

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread