Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it's not youtube's fault. I was watching some guys looking for Indian artifacts. Found a new channel and they detect and also look for artifacts. Well, I was watching one last night and this one guy detects a bright, shiny buffalo nickle and a V nickel out in the woods in the middle of nowhere. Bright and shiny? Please.

It's easy to "make believe" and manipulate stuff with video, silly easy, but come on already.....now to find something else to watch. I wonder how many are just plants...I don't really have a problem since in Youtube we do not trust, but when it's so blatantly obvious, it's disappointing.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
They're just taking after the treasure hunting reality TV shows on the idiot box.FAKE is the new reality,such as lies are the new truth.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red James, I couldn't agree more. I deliberately don't watch the reality shows, too much "OMG I found a PULLTAB!" in an overly excited voice. Going to have to watch something else soon. Some no doubt are real, most are not it seems. Eventually they give themselves away.

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
I am usually the biggest skeptic when it comes to finds. I am very harsh and I scrutinize each find. However, It is possible that the soil acidity combined with forest density may allow a nickel to be much less discolored and corroded. However, bright and shiny for a dug nickel? I don't think so.

As for finds being planted, I have to agree some are and even some of the big names do it. If you watch my vids, the majority don't contain anything spectacular because I keep it real. Once you defraud your viewers, whether you get caught or not, your credibility is shot.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was watching a shark tooth hunting video last year. This guy is picking up shark teeth on a gravel bar, like they're laying everywhere. He's counting, 1, 2, 3,...commenting on each, exciting comments, 7, 8, 9...then you hear his son comment in the background, " three more, Dad."

Others posted by some guy who charges clients to go to a local stream to find shark teeth. He has posted many "exciting" videos, promoting his success at getting his clients on the teeth. Thing is, all the videos are filmed on the same small stretch of creek. Obvious "salting" of the site. Ah, well.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a video of paint drying.Its much more interesting than watching the mass produced B.S. that finds it's way to being called entertainment nowadays.The people that produce this garbage ought to be tar and feathered and then slowly hung.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I watched a video a while back from one who found a CW Bullseye canteen in a river. When the canteen was brought up to the surface, it was bright and shiny as it had just come from a hardware store. I won't mention whose video it was. I believe that most of his videos are legit, but I had some trouble with this one. A canteen brought up from a river bottom after 150 years and its still shiny?

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
I watched a video a while back from one who found a CW Bullseye canteen in a river. When the canteen was brought up to the surface, it was bright and shiny as it had just come from a hardware store. I won't mention whose video it was. I believe that most of his videos are legit, but I had some trouble with this one. A canteen brought up from a river bottom after 150 years and its still shiny?

Maybe it was made from that great quality civil war aluminum. :P

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
That's like bringing up nice clean bottles out of a gravel bar I use to dig for bottles that was behind a late 1800s whore house lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions