Very early convex V.A. button, and a beat up gen. service button.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a few free hours this afternoon so I headed to one of my favorite places.Had a very good hunt.Found a few flat buttons,a suspender adjuster,some kind of little buckle,and a beat up General service button,and boy is it beat up!.Took me a minute to figure out what I had.For a second there it kind of looked like some kind of Louisiana button:laughing7:,I wish!The V.a button was the real suprize.It is the first V.A. one piece I have found and I think it is the earliest design with tyranny holding a chain in his left hand and his legs facing the other direction.The shank is present and the back mark is there,i just need to bring it out more.I am really stoked on this one,it is one of the nicest buttons I have found in a long time.I wanted to stay longer but had some things to take care of around here.Happy hunting everyone! 006.JPG 005.JPG 007.JPG 008.JPG 009.JPG 010.JPG

Upvote 11
OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks trapper.I wish every hunt was like that.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In your group shot, is that a drilled shank? You certainly did have a good hunt. Buttons are one of my favorite things to find.

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In your group shot, is that a drilled shank? You certainly did have a good hunt. Buttons are one of my favorite things to find.
It is just a regular brazed on shank,its just the way it turned out in the pic.Buttons are one of my favorites to Old Dude.

Last edited:

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt Bud! I feel your enthusiasm through your post. Awesome buttons. Spontaneous hunts are usually my best. Congrats

HH, Relic Nut

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks relic,I just wish the spontaneous ones would come around more often :laughing7:.I have been having a good run here lately but experience tells me it wont last.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread