Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday my grandpa who had terminal brain cancer passed away in his sleep. He was loved by all and will be severely missed by his friends and family. Heaven gained an angel yesterday when he passed away. I was very close to him and was pretty tore up, the only thing I knew to do today to clear my head was to get out alone and swing the coil. I think Grandpa was smiling down on me today as I had a great early morning hunt. I started at 6:45am and was done by 9:15am, the humidity is brutal today!

I went back to the lot where they tore down an old home, I hunted the front half 3 weeks ago and they finally got the back half cleaned up, it was overgrown bad. The funeral home next door to it, bought it and is making a parking lot, so everything I found was saved from being paved over forever. The first hunt gave up a silver washington, masonic token/penny. Some wheats and a chinese cash coin.

The back yard was even better. I got a 1944 merc, 2 rosies, and a sterling ring, I thought it was odd to find 4 silver, and no wheats. But hardly upset I wasn't finding any, then bam, 3 wheats right in a row. I got the three other piano items all in a 3 foot area. I wonder what they are and if maybe they were hooked together at one time? the smallest one says washington DC and is dated 1906....any help on these would be appreciated!

It was a great short hunt and I really needed it, Rest in piece gramps, love ya and will miss ya! :'(

Attachments

• DSC01078.JPG
    DSC01078.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 827
  • DSC01079.JPG
    DSC01079.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 823
  • DSC01080.JPG
    DSC01080.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 810
Upvote 0

teverly

Mar 4, 2007
central ohio
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC x 2 xp deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry for your loss terry....i did the same thing when my best friend of 32 yrs passed away..after calling hours i went detecting to an old place i thought was hunted out and found a v nickle,a 2 cent piece,and an indian head....so i know she was telling me things would be ok.....
glad it was a good hunt......watch and when they start scraping dirt hit it again!!!

jeepcj5

Jan 12, 2011
Nampa Idaho
Detector(s) used
Etrac, xterra 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lost my mom on 10 May this year to cancer buddy so i TOTALLY feel ya... F#&*ING Cancer man i hope i get hit by a bus or something.... Yup i think Gramps was looking out for ya on that hunt... my deepest condolences brother...

jcooking

Feb 28, 2010
Montana
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro, Sunray X-1 probe
Garrett AT Gold
Sorry to hear of your loss, your gramps was definitely smiling down on you.

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am so sorry for your loss. Your Grandpa is in a better place now. Its so good that this wonderful hobby has been able to help you clear your head.

TN_MD

Jan 6, 2011
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV , Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Radio Shack 2v6 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD , And a Homebuilt M.D.
Sorry for you loss , and yes I believe he was looking down on ! Congrats on a great hunt.

Karl

soldier35

Jul 11, 2009
Northwest Ohio
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab ExplorerII
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for your loss bud. Your grandfather was there with you this morning as he will be with you always.
Take Care.

garbageman

Mar 20, 2009
Joliet, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT and Tesoro Tiger Shark
Very sorry for your loss. Know that your grandpa is now once again at peace. It's good that you were able to get out and have a great hunt. God bless. -Garbageman

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, congrats on the silver! :icon_thumleft: :wink:

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds ! :icon_thumright:

tuatara

Jan 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
ML Explorer SE
Very sorry to hear about your loss.
I believe you have early membership badges of an organisation which is called today NAMM (National Ass'n of Music Merchants).

Tua

bdhoward

Apr 27, 2011
NW PA
Detector(s) used
Garret GTI 1500/Minelab Safari
Great hunt. I just wanted to mention that a few years back I lost my father to a car accident due to a heart attack. Often when I go out MD'ing I find myself at places that my father and I used to frequent when we would go hunting or fishing together. I find myself going back in time remembering good times and happy memories we used to share. In some small way this helps me cope with my loss and believe it to be very psychologically therapeutic in dealing with my emotions. Sorry for your loss and happy hunting to you. Bryan H. :icon_sunny:

RPSwede

Apr 20, 2011
Sparks NV
Detector(s) used
MXT pro , AT pro
God bless you and your grandfather, And as others have said already. He was looking down at you and will always be with you. :icon_thumright:

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I lost my Grandpa to cancer just a few years back. He was my best friend, mentor and he well was loved by many too. He was an officer in the Italian military in his younger years. I can remember so many people saying after he passed ,"I'm so sorry", "that is so sad" Crying and moping. My Grandfather asked me not to be sad when he passes, but to be happy because there is another part of the journey we go after this short stay here. And just knowing that he wasn't suffering any more with the cancer made me relieved. So I know where my Grandfather and Yours is at, is a good place and they are both no longer suffering with the disease. We will see them soon! :hello2:

Take care buddy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread