ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I know we all have them. But being underwater and frustrated isn't a good thing. When you are not in tune or harmony with yourself it is best to relax and know there are more days to play. Best not to be underwater when your concentration and feelings are not where you want them.

My very first target was the wings. Says Future Pilot on them. They were not broken when I found them. I had no idea they were fragile or I would have put them in my dive float. After I get out to rest and change tanks I noticed they were in three pieces.

The worst thing was I found a dog tag on a chain with an extra blank oval tag. Well I dropped it after I got out. It might be in the street behind where I parked. No idea. I do remember the date as 1947 and USN. I have the blank one but not the chain and the stamped one.

A merc and a rosey were my only silver finds. Rings are junk. Four wheat's oldest is 1916.

A lot of things going through my mind. Pretty soon it will be the 10th anniversary of my wife's passing. Doesn't seem like it has been that long.

As we all know, life goes on. I hope others had a wonderful day and had fun wherever you are.

At least I won't bore you with lots of pictures!!

Upvote 11

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on some good finds, despite cutting it short. Better safe than sorry, you'll be in the zone again soon.

I'm sorry to hear of the passing of your wife. I'm sure she is happy seeing that you are still doing what you love!

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hang in there Scuba. Some times our sub-conscious can really take over and we do not know why.
Sometimes I feel so low that nothing brings me up.
Tomorrow is another day!
On land, your finds would be banner finds for me.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds, even for an abbreviated hunt.

Sorry to hear about your wife. Keep your chin up, she would expect that from you.

Best of luck sir.

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My father passed five years ago. We were very close. He was an electronics engineer and built me my first metal detector when I was 12 years old (I'm 61 now). I can still feel him smiling at me when I dig up a cool relic, and I feel the "good try" pat on the back when I get nothing but pull tabs and can slaw. The day will come when we are together again and it's going to be a blast catching up. We've never met, Scuba; but I'm sure you are getting the same support that I am. Enjoy your passion and keep on swinging. By the way, your finds fit in the smile category :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Nice finds, even for an abbreviated hunt.

Sorry to hear about your wife. Keep your chin up, she would expect that from you.

Best of luck sir.

I don't think I am depressed. Just not in tune today. We all have good days and bad days. If you are not focused while doing any dangerous sport it is best not to do it as far as I am concerned. Best to do something not requiring you to stay focused.

Thanks for the comments. I will be back out there swinging and diving away soon.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Still a very nice hunt, congratulations! :occasion14:

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
My diving friend Kevin came over today. He had to take his fiance to her sisters. We looked in the truck again and I found the dog tag. I was wrong, it wasn't a 47 it was a 46.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Things will be better we all have those days I'm sure your wife would be happy that your doing stuff you enjoy! Hang in there Safety first you got a lot of friends here!!!!!!!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing the hunt, the finds, and of course,
your feelings.
That's still a decent hunt and congrats on the silver.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey , you didn't get skunked.
I'd be all distracted by fish....
You'll have a day to smile about again. If they were all red letter days complacency would set in.

Interesting finds ,and some silver today ain't too shabby though!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread