very interesting find today!!!

Xhunter911

Mar 28, 2012
Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett freedom III coin commander
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out this morning detecting an old foundation from the 1800's and found this beauty in the deep black soil!! I had no clue what it was, honestly it just looked like an old carburator to me so I came home and to do some research.. I found out that it is a Bicycle or motorcycle Lantern from 1890 made by The Badger Brass MFG co.. Model Solar...
After seeing many pics on the net I now see that I am missing a few peices that go with the lantern, so in the morning Im gonna head out to find the rest of the puzzle "minus the broken glass".. Here is a before and after cleanup shot... pretty cool

BadgerBrass1.jpg

cleanup with a little baking soda & lemon juice

BadgerBrass2.jpg

Upvote 2

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Great find and hope you find the rest of it!

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is something that you do not see everyday! Good find!

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Cool and unique...go get them parts. Maybe something else whilst your out there as well. HH

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! Congratulations!!!

Marinehunter

Jan 31, 2012
New York/Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Pro-pointer, Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find and it did clean up well, hope you find more

OP
OP
Xhunter911

Xhunter911

Mar 28, 2012
Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just an update for the bicycle lanteren, I searched the site for almost 8 hrs and I didn't come up with the rest of the missing lantern parts.. but I did recover 2 axe heads and a part of an old pocket watch.. I will post pics later

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome score , ive got one of those I found a few years back while digging old bottles mine had a red stone on one side and a green one on the other . It was in good shape but when the earth quake hit awhile back it feel off the shelf along with some of my old 1800's bottles and broke in two but I still have it .. Congrats !

OP
OP
Xhunter911

Xhunter911

Mar 28, 2012
Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ifoundit69 said:
Awesome score , ive got one of those I found a few years back while digging old bottles mine had a red stone on one side and a green one on the other . It was in good shape but when the earth quake hit awhile back it feel off the shelf along with some of my old 1800's bottles and broke in two but I still have it .. Congrats !

Sorry to hear that loss man!! Wish mine was a little more complete with glass etc

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find and i hope you find the rest of your latern HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread