Very new to all this..

A

Amex

Hey everybody. Im incredably new to all this so Im a bit overwhelmed by all the info on here..

If I do go out and purchase a metal detector, it will mostly be used in the forests that surround my house and around a few freshwater bodies of water..

Does anyone else around here do hunting in the same type of locations? What kinds of Detectors work best for our area?

Sorry for the really newbie questions, but theres so many options out there!

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT
Hi and welcome.
What area of the country are you from ? There are a few detectors that can fit into what you are looking for so a little more info can narrow it down. What is our price range ? Do you want to do more of the beach hunting or forest hunting ? Do you plan on going into the water ? If you can answer these questions I can help you to narrow it down.
TonyinCT
www.tcmetaldetectors.com

OP
OP
A

Amex

I'm basically surrounded by woods..

Probably looking to spend maybe 250ish at the most.. But if theres a starter one thats cheaper I'd probably go for that too.

I'll be doing almost only forest hunting. There are a few small ponds with some trails that I may walk up and down too, but I won't be getting to the beach much.

I might go into the water, but not more than a foot or so..

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT
Under those conditons I would suggest the Garrett Ace 250. The best unit under 250.00 and sells for 212.45. This will do a lot for you and find some goodies.
Let me know if I can help you with your purchase.

Fozzy

Dec 11, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX and Classic III
Another vote for the Ace 250. Performance-wise, it should sell for alot more than it does!

OP
OP
A

Amex

Hmm sounds good guys. I'm going to seriously start looking at that detector.

I've also got to try and see if I think theres enough places around me to warrent buying a detector.

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amex said:
Hmm sounds good guys. I'm going to seriously start looking at that detector.

I've also got to try and see if I think theres enough places around me to warrent buying a detector.
I know you have public schools...playgrounds...your own yard..your neighbours yard....After you get into it you will find yourself looking and saying to yourself...as you drive around town...that looks like a good place to MD...Geeeezz..my wife gets tired of me talking to myself....saying.."that looks like a good spot."...lol BTW..Welcome to TNet...this site is loaded with information and folks who know what they are talking about..Good luck...

OP
OP
A

Amex

Haha

Thank you for the welcome!

I think more than anything Im interested in finding historical items. I don't know how much I'd get out of going to a school or a park. I'd like to locate some older historical sites... I know for example that sometime around 1900, a townhall or library or some sort of town-funded building burnt down and nothings been built on that site since.. That seems like a good place to check.. So Im hoping to find more places like that. Trying to do some research, but not finding much.

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are there, then others probably were too. THere arent may places in this country thta havent felt the hand of man.

For 250$, get the ACE 250, or a used Tesoro. Then get beeping.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread