very old carvings...pic(s) JS

swiftsearcher

Feb 25, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
MP 3 Pro Digital
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ghostdog, you, like our Masonic Friend Rebel, are a WEALTH OF KNOWLEDGE and your posts are HIGHLY APPRECIATED BY ME! :thumbsup:

For the record, I was not aware yet of the connection with buried bodies. This makes PERFECT SENSE now, as the area I was entering with the Swastika and other carvings (many covered by moss now) could have been the entrance Mundy blasted shut to their "storehouse". As the story goes, members of the crew were trapped inside to die - hence, the bodies! Thanks for your insight on this, as it is reconfirming my belief that I was at the right entrance (the only problem being that there are tons of rock in the way of entrance)!

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
MD & Handwand "CaveHunter"Hiker" SonyDigital SLR
I couldn't agree more with swiftsearcher, and thank you guys so much for your insight!!! :thumbsup:

buried bodies, graves, and or a tomb would make perfect sense, which I'm leaning more towards a possable tomb being found at my site. Possably to do with "finding the skull of a Indian Princess". I know the Indians came back to this area looking for such, also the carving "101".
Also the "Gammada symbol" if used by the Indians would fit my location perfect, cause of the known Indian activity around my site. Thanks for your insight ghostdog, also many thanks to Rebel as well... :thumbsup:

Swiftsearcher, i received your email, I'll jog through my notes and write you back this evening.... :wink:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D I'm gonna "clarify" how "buried bodies" MAY be "part" of yer "treasure
legend(s); based on the MARSHALL PLANTATION CSA TREASURY story, outside of Lynchburg, Va.
"bordering" Bedford County... beale KNOWS this one, 'cause I told him about it. Dried up old well; "slaves" from plantation "clean out" the well... bury CSA "assets" ($$$$$$$$$, jewelry, "weapons",
etc.), down about 20 to @ 15' or so. "Slaves" are killed and buried "atop" that "treasure" in the well.
Topped off, with a Mound of earth, and a tree planted on top, as a "marker"... NEVER been found.
Is it true? DUNNO. "Rumors" has it.... @ FOUR MILLIONS dollars worth. :o :icon_thumleft: :wink:

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
In this mine Ive found, there is a hollow spot in the floor....could be something the Indians came back here looking for? Story's are that they was looking for a skull of an Indian princess, if the story holds truth. This mine could of been a Indian tomb instead, i guess i gotta put the time and work in and dig to find out for sure....but with all the signs, the hollow sound in the mine, and the many Indian carvings...I'm really excited to figure this out this winter......this is what i was referring to with the "bodies thingy"
thanks Reb... :thumbsup:

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
Been studing this carving some, look at the "treasure hunter U page", "mine church important place" at the botom you will see circles....Look at the carving of the circles they almost are a match.....
circlecarvings.jpg

I crudly drew on this picture to give people an idea of the circles, also there is a box under the circles, name or date has faded.
above the circles is a C G , could be Gist's mark, it is known he stood on this spot back in 1751 as Gist's journal tells.....
circlecarvings-1.jpg

The circle carvings could also be a outlined "C G" carving....with the date in the box which has since faded.....

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
Also the R on the JS carving is "french"..... very likely could have been one of the frenchmen who was in Swifts crew

ghostdog

Apr 22, 2007
Hi guys , your U could be a Mule shoe, if it were pointing down might mean{ treasure below} :laughing9: if its horizontial{ enroute to treasure,keep going}. In my opinon this would be a Spanish symbol. Enclosed rectangle,{treasure buried in box or chest :laughing9:}Spanish also. :coffee2:
And the circles could be rocks with treasure being in the {center or below],Spanish.On another thread issue, the Masonic G,is a symbol, not really a G,with the indented notch in place. Lots of different possibiltys in your caves , gd luck.

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
ghostdog,
sorry to confuse you, i was meaning symbols referring to the link Rebel posted above "treasure hunters university" I think this is what you where meaning by the U, but i could be wrong. However there is what seems to be a mule shoe on the rock with the JS carving, or it also resembles a bell as well...I'll include the picture pointing this out

If this is a mule shoe it points down, could be a bell, or letter. Could be Spanish, but more likely french. Alot of Indian and french activity was located around this area up the river some. Alot of oldtimers would carve a rectangle and carve their initials, or date in the center.

:thumbsup:

ghostdog

Apr 22, 2007
:thumbsup: Glad to be of help, not looking for ANYTHING in return. Would like to see you and SS SCORE bigtime, even if you keep that imfo low-key, just Score. :thumbsup: Your possible" muleshoe marker "looks older than the J and S on the outsides,to me. Looks to me like the French,English,and Spanish, all co-mingled at one time or another at this location. A lot to unravel ,gd luck. :coffee2:

swiftsearcher

Feb 25, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
MP 3 Pro Digital
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ghostdog said:
:thumbsup: Glad to be of help, not looking for ANYTHING in return. Would like to see you and SS SCORE bigtime, even if you keep that imfo low-key, just Score. :thumbsup: Your possible" muleshoe marker "looks older than the J and S on the outsides,to me. Looks to me like the French,English,and Spanish, all co-mingled at one time or another at this location. A lot to unravel ,gd luck. :coffee2:

Don't worry Ghostdog. I have kept a lot low-key. However, when the BIG Score is finally made, with guidance from THE EVER LIVING GOD, there will be some here that will know the truth and what was found and you are one of them! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
ghostdog said:
:wink: :icon_pirat: 8) Even if no treasure remains, just having the pictures would be a good enough score for me :thumbsup:
If this is a muleshoe marker it looks to be on its side, actually pointing towards the mine close by.....I agree on the connection of the place
being marked by "spainsh, french/indian" and then "Swift" your right theres alot to unravel, and may take some time..... There is so much info id love to tell about this place, but just keep it to myself.... lose lips can sink ships...lol good luck on your endeavors as well ghostdog!

ghostdog

Apr 22, 2007
Hi Ki,SS, Forgot to mention, years ago when I explored more caves than I do now,I used a "Ultrviolet lite" to help enhance cave markings. I learned this trick from a 'Karl von Muller book". I haven"t seen any mention of this being used, so I just kicked it in. Thanks for your kind words, as always good luck.

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
ghostdog said:
Hi Ki,SS, Forgot to mention, years ago when I explored more caves than I do now,I used a "Ultraviolet lite" to help enhance cave markings. I learned this trick from a 'Karl von Muller book". I haven"t seen any mention of this being used, so I just kicked it in. Thanks for your kind words, as always good luck.
I haven't used the "Ultraviolet lite" yet, once i stumble upon the right cave I'll have to try it......... :thumbsup:

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
boomer said:
Ki, i can't remember if i told you about the rock bridge on swift creek. on the top corner of the bridge next to the trail, there is the exact same carving of JS, its under moss, looks to be the same size. Have you seen a picture of the buffalo rock, it has 7 of the names on it and also has one with stoner. Swifts is on it, JS same has on your rock with a faint map. dates on it are 1761, 65, 69. ( could it be that stoner worked with swift or did he find this rock later and added his name. there is more on it, but it wa
s to faint for my inferred camera to pull out )
Boomer

I'd love to see the buffalo Rock, you say it has "stoner" on it.... it very well could be that Stoner found this rock later

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Ki,

Wasn't the swastika shape an indian design made before germany was even a country? I know its usually found more westward but maybe not just among those tribes? Swift had indians with him. This is good stuff!

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
Come to find out the swastika was a Indian symbol (Shawnee) if I'm not mistaken. Indians wrote in hieroglyphs, and symbols. The symbols would have went west with them after the land here was taken. thanks Curtis...
In the next couple weeks to come, I'm going to dig in the mine i found. There is a hollow sound in the floor of the mine. I was talking with a old timer just last week telling him about the mine, and the hollow sound. He told me this "he said you know men and Indians from the old days would bury their stuff in the floors of their mines, this would keep their valuables protected from the weather, and makes for a great hiding place". He had learned his Swift story's from other old timers by listing to their story's.......The mine is just a ridge over from the JS carving, and a spot just before you get to the carving you can look across and see the mine in the cliff....I'll have more updates of this in the weeks to come......

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Speaking of symbols, the "ORO" in one of the previous pictures, in Michael Paul Henson's book Lost Silver Mines and Buried Treasures of Kentucky, on page 99, it list treasure signs. "ORO" is listed as gold being nearby. You may want to dig you metal detector out and go through there again...

HH,

Swiftfan

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the tip Swiftfan. I dont have that book just yet, but i do have it ordered. I have henson's other book about Swift.
Very interesting...yes i do need to get back to this area. I will say this carving is located on the north fork of the red river if anyone out there may be wondering, this information i dont care to share.

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
Have been studing these carvings more deeply, and a Tnet member brought the "Cherokee Alphabet" to my attention... The marks "what looks like initials" do appear to be Cherokee. You can find these in the pics above on the JS rock.

Heres a link if anyone would like to check this out for theirselves :wink:
http://www.omniglot.com/writing/cherokee.htm

The area of these carvings are beside a very "old" Indian Trail, also the mine im working is on the next ridge over. It could be conected to this area someway, :read2: :read2: :read2: I think im getting closer to figuring out these carvings....

:thumbsup: -Ki-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread