Very Old coin help (Update)

ppratt

Jun 19, 2003
South western PA
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
Hello I was hoping someone could help me ID this old coin I just bought in a collection of 16 and 1700's coins. All the other coins I was able to ID but this one. Its very small and thin. I have no idea what it is made of. I'm not of anything when it comes to this coin. In one of the pics hopfully you can see a glimmer of gold coming through. I think the coin is brass but I'm not sure at all. I honestly dont think it's gold, but if you can give me an idea of age or anything else that would be great. I know the pics arent that great but its the best I can do with this poor coin

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 613
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 619

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
OP
OP
ppratt

ppratt

Jun 19, 2003
South western PA
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
Re: Very Old coin help

Thanks for the info. The more I look at the bag of coins the more I find in the coolnes factor ther were only 20 coins and I picked them up for a 20 bucks. Most are in good to better condition but this was the only coin with out a date and to worn to see most details. The coolest one was a 1794 ERSKINE & GIBBS BARRISTERS, HALFPENNY.

OP
OP
ppratt

ppratt

Jun 19, 2003
South western PA
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
here is what I got for 20 bucks I know there pretty beatup but at a flea market in a bin sitting for 5 or so each someone will pay that much to have a coin that old. Just think of the kid that talks dad into them. He'll love em. I know I said 20 but they were 11.

Attachments

• COINS2.jpg
    COINS2.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 535

lazooro

Sep 27, 2008
Sezana
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, TESORO TEJON
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't know what is first coin..maybe token??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread