deltamann

Sep 30, 2010
Northern New Mexico
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F-75 LTD, Blisstool V3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took off 3 weeks off from work and I was able to do allot of diggin before, during, and after the holidays.

I was fortunate in finding allot of quality relics during my time off and I was able to find a couple of eagle breast plates , some nice carbine and pistol bullets, other odds and ends, some nice silver including a 1852 half dime and black onyx brooch, and my best Confederate button yet, a 23mm "CN" Confederate Navy Button with all of the gold gilt and a nice straight shank with a back mark of " Courtney & Tennent" Charleston.

I dug Confederate Navy button yesterday in Central Virginia in the back yard of a Civil War era house which is still occupied where I sifted through a ton of junk. Creskol (Rob) got me addicted to hunting around old house sites! Thanks Rob!

I had my F-75 LTD set in the all metal mode and I was sifting through a bunch of iron and junk with my new SEF 10 X 12 coil. This is something that I couldn't do with the stock coil. I was working extremely slow and about 2 feet from the side of the house I got a nice 85-92 reading which I was sure was a nice silver coin or piece of jewelry. I dug down and about 10-12 inches in the hard pack muddy soil, this big two piece button popped out of the hole. It had been raining a few days before and the button was caked with muck and mud. I poured a little water on it and I saw that it was full of gold gilt and I saw the "CN" letters on the bottom of the button. I was excited beyond all belief.

It is listed in Tice's Book Page #237-238/CSN210 "A" as being the most collectible of the Naval buttons that he has listed in the book. I have looked on line and I can't find any that are 23mm with all the gilt still on and with a straight shank.

Thanks for looking!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread