VERY RARE FIND! Chrondrite or something more?. PLEASE COMMENT! ❤️

andrewarena

Oct 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found bushwalking, stood out like dog's butt. Clear fresh rind/crust, little thumb prints with tiny rust spots on fusion crust/rind?
No streak on ceramic surface, magnetically moderate too low. Contains no quartz.
The interior window has a modern stone bench top look under 0.5mm magnification. Peppered with a olivine too diamond looking crystal scattering within a white fine cement like matrix.
Is this pebble familiar to anyone here?. Where I live the natural stone is hematite/magnetite, some bassalts and gerhtite mainly within sandstone/slate conglomerates.
Thanks in advance for any comments ��
80CAF8D8-C948-4B0A-AFB9-91D3A5611812.jpeg 802C69E2-8B1A-48F6-A06A-5464FA2080FA.jpeg 909563BA-DFCE-43E9-85D3-0EB61DB196C8.jpeg 54103FA8-DB21-4263-AA1A-B3A05E3FF878.jpeg AD0E1E5A-19D4-42DC-89CB-259FC051FDA9.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 14
OP
OP
andrewarena

andrewarena

Oct 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks etex, it will be weeks before I can get it examined any thoughts on whether it’s a possible lunar/Martian or just wishful thinking? I’m no expert :)

OP
OP
andrewarena

andrewarena

Oct 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that would be unbelievable!

stealthycat

Feb 17, 2012
Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pros
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
so that's a surface find you think has fallen recently ? so cool

OP
OP
andrewarena

andrewarena

Oct 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe? It Was sitting on the surface of a bush track.
It’s an unknown type of stone to me, thinking it could also just be a rare terrestrial rock?
Super keen to find out!

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is not a meteorite - in my opinion (which doesn't really mean anything). :occasion14:

OP
OP
andrewarena

andrewarena

Oct 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does it remind you of a perticular terrestrial rock? (For research purposes) :occasion14:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Honestly, to my untrained eye, looks like any other rock you find on a Gulf of Mexico beach covered in tar.

I had to google it. LOL

Whats something like that worth.

You say that someone saw the fall three weeks ago, is that why the rust is so bright?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does it remind you of a perticular terrestrial rock? (For research purposes) :occasion14:

Magnetite Mineral Facts:
Chemical Formula: Fe[SUB]3[/SUB]O[SUB]4[/SUB]
Magnetic Oxide of iron, Iron, 72.4 per cent
Colors: Black and streak is black as well.
Hardness: 6
Density: 5.2
Cleavage: No cleavage, magnetite breaks with an uneven choncoidal fracture.
Crystallography: Cubic
Octahedrons common; also octahedra and dodecahedrons, or combinations of the two. Also occurs in granular and massive forms.
Luster:. weak metallic or sub-metallic luster.

OP
OP
andrewarena

andrewarena

Oct 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry no that’s misinterpreted, I shouldn’t have mentioned that. I was saying the find is obviously JUST a coincidence due to the rust lol.
I’m in oil spill free Australia :notworthy:
Thanks for the help everyone!

Last edited:
OP
OP
andrewarena

andrewarena

Oct 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Magnetite Mineral Facts:
Chemical Formula: Fe[SUB]3[/SUB]O[SUB]4[/SUB]
Magnetic Oxide of iron, Iron, 72.4 per cent
Colors: Black and streak is black as well.
Hardness: 6
Density: 5.2
Cleavage: No cleavage, magnetite breaks with an uneven choncoidal fracture.
Crystallography: Cubic
Octahedrons common; also octahedra and dodecahedrons, or combinations of the two. Also occurs in granular and massive forms.
Luster:. weak metallic or sub-metallic luster.
I see that your having a laugh humoring me with the contrary facts of that I originally stated lol.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find, andre. I have only done some reading on the subject over the years. A couple of things you said, you were walking about in the bush and it stood out markedly from the surrounding rock and soil, plus the nice crust and description of the interior, speaks likely stony to me. Good luck with checking it out! I think you have one there! The witnessed fireball was likely a coincidence, as yours has some rust.

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately, this is not a meteorite. But interesting terrestrial rock and thanks for sharing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread