very strange item

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b

Attachments

• phpATioGPPM.jpg
    phpATioGPPM.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 176
  • phpm75YuyPM.jpg
    phpm75YuyPM.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 163
  • phpRBxWqTPM.jpg
    phpRBxWqTPM.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 154

cdsieg

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2011
WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The key like thing looks like a wind up key for a clock or something like that.

Upvote 0

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The key like thing looks like a wind up key for a clock or something like that.
......That is the valve out of a spigot

Upvote 0

jntramey

Tenderfoot
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this by a house tear down, looks like it could have mounted somewhere on a house, but where and what for?

The "key" is probably a valve for a gas lamp. Not quite as ornate as some I've seen, but looks very similar.

Upvote 0

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes of course indeed it is mounted candle holder for the trash pile finds!!! But am I the only one seeing a buckle in the first picture that reads "1935" or is that just an illusion :dontknow:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No you're right on the money with the 1935. I couldn't see it until I expanded the picture. Thanks for the "Like" btw, it took me a few minutes to finally realize it was a candle holder. I'll throw a "Like" your way also!! HH.
Yes of course indeed it is mounted candle holder for the trash pile finds!!! But am I the only one seeing the 1935 buckle in the first picture or is that just an illusion :dontknow:

Upvote 0

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a impressive buckle indeed :thumbsup:! I have never dug a buckle (and i've dug several several belt buckles of all different time centuries) but never one with a year on it. I would clean that bad boy up really good and then please post a picture of it in "Today's Finds" .. I'm not trying to be a brat but who the hell cares about that candle holder that is something for the trash pile but that buckle is something else my friend... Good job on that!!!! :occasion14: :occasion14:

Upvote 0

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that was my first impression too, maybe a towel rack or drying rack. but now im leaning toward an old screen door push bar. Ive installed lots of aluminum ones on modern storm doors. That is a prehistoric one...

OK- I can buy that. A rack would be better if it was wider with more dowels. Older pantrys were well ventilated. If that was a wall mounted candle holder it would just be too dangerous. The flame would be right next to the wall paper.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
history hunter

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
It is a Hickok belt buckle and I did post it on todays finds for your viewing pleasure. Thanks for your interest.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread