• leadville 2.jpg
    leadville 2.jpg
    695.8 KB · Views: 98

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the pics.

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What is the name of that old bar in Leadville ? The Silver Dollar ? I believe I'd be there having a cold one.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the name of that old bar in Leadville ? The Silver Dollar ? I believe I'd be there having a cold one.
I sure had allot of cold ones in that place back in the day. The bar was named after a mining mans daughter and he gave her the name Silver Dollar. His name was Horace Tabor.
Horace Tabor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I saw Jerry Jeff Walker playing pool in the Silver Dollar bar back around maybe 1979. A fella walked up to table JJW was playing and put a quarter on the pool table to play, as that's how we all did it, the next quarter plays the fella who was the winner. Well JJW knocked that guys quarter off with tip of his pool cue and told that fella, "The table ain't open for any challengers". That fella got a little up on heels over JJW's insult and JJW had a couple a big thugs with him and they put that guy back in his seat next to his beer real quick. I saw allot of funny things in that bar 35 years ago. That was then your social network just plan getting drunk with other folks.

Last edited:

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Love JJW's music but he could be a jerk. I had a Texas license plate that said , CU-IN-TX . It was a real vanity plate ( not store bought ) and it had about 12 autographs on it of music artist. I wanted him to sign it but he was a jack ass about it and got smart with me. Another 30 seconds of B.S. and he would of been wearing his ass for a hat. Love his music though ! Saw him about five years ago and he still has it.

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Can you metal detect out Clear Creek road down south of Leadville on U.S. 25 then turn west on 390? I always wanted to go out there but never had the time. I know that area because I had a lot of friends work on The Arkansas as guides and my son lived in Bueny and worked at Colorado Kayak Supply and my two girls worked at Copper.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you metal detect out Clear Creek road down south of Leadville on U.S. 25 then turn west on 390? I always wanted to go out there but never had the time. I know that area because I had a lot of friends work on The Arkansas as guides and my son lived in Bueny and worked at Colorado Kayak Supply and my two girls worked at Copper.
I'm not sure of the road your talking about and there is a Hwy. 391 not 390. Do you remember what town it went to or through?. I was never very patient with a MD as all I got was tons of iron in those old mining sites. I did however get a big signal in a sandy dry wash drainage up in a ghost town named Turret and my buddies girlfriends 12 yr old son was with me and he got all excided over the large signal. We dug in and started pulling a few very old rusted cans out and I told him it's just a bunch of junk. He said maybe we'll find some old bottles with the cans?. I said sure lets keep looking. He was spot on about that and we pulled out maybe 40 unbroken bottles from the late 19th century. But overall I'm not that good with an MD and I do have a little BH.T4 in the garage. I like stone artifact hunting and it seams the MD draws to much attention at me. Sure do need to find a partner to do some coil swinging with. Laws are changing out west. In Nevada you can't even pick up an old bottle now, let along stone artifacts. I had to sign a paper in Nevada on a mine property stating I understand I'm not allowed to pick up artifacts. On the day I did that I spotted a broken Black obsidian Black Rock desert point. I left it there on the ground for deer and cattle to step on. I think I did that??? can't quite remember?? That's great your kids would head out and work the river sports and ski resorts. It's great experience and fun work for young folks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread