Very Unproductive Day

WinnGoldDigger

Feb 24, 2007
Central Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Well, today seems to be going in the same fashion as most of my treasure hunting days since I got my metal detector. I found a battery terminal off a car battery, two rusty nails, a foil lined ketchup packet, a blob of melted lead, and a piece of copper pipe about 3 feet long. I'm still unbelievably impressed with my detector's ability to tell the truth. That in itself is worth digging up all the useless stuff. It has built supreme confidence in the Garrett Ace 250. I've got many better places to search, but I'm still waiting on my buddy Kisatchie to get his metal detector delivered... shouldn't be long now. Good luck to everyone else.

Upvote 0

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep digging, better finds will come, HH

Fossis.........................

diamondjim

Mar 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a good day to me...I made $72 last year off of scrap lead, copper and brass I dug out of the ground. You'll note it's even listed in my "2007 stuff I found in the woods list." All treasure is not gold and I'd rather dig "nothing" than not dig at all.

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
Need to get out to some spots that you know will produce coins. Im sure you are still a bit shy about detecting in front of people,believe me this will pass. If you dont want to hunt around playgrounds,whice are always full of good stuff,get out to a soccer field. Soccer fields always produce plenty of coins and a lot of other interesting items,including jewlery. I think the soccer moms like to impress one another by wearing jewlery then in the excitement of the game they fling off rings and bracelets as well as losing earrings ect...try right around the sidelines at midfield where they put their lawnchairs as well as around the parking areas and the snackstand,just dont dig foil signals around the snackstand,it is everywhere. Once you start finding easy coins regularly then you will have more confidence and be able to face the tougher sites with greater success,HH...Shoot

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
keep the coppper for scrap

HH
-GC

Ronin9868

Jan 2, 2007
South Eastern VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab SE, 12x15 and the 10x12 Butterfly Excel, 12.5 Excel,18.5 Excel
Practice, practice, practice. Now you ready to kick A$$ with the good stuff.

:o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread