Very Very Old Ladies Omega Seamaster! Solid 18k! Help w/ Price?

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey guy!

Just finished up my 4th year of college. Moved home for the summer which means I'm back hitting the ground running. Last week was one of the best weeks of buying I've had in years. I bought 7 Tag Heuers, 3 Omegas, a Versachi, and a vintage Hamilton. Went to the swap meet on Sunday and ran into someone selling a bunch of watches. I asked her if she had any nicer and higher quality watches. She said she did, but she didn't bring them to the swap meet. She sent me pictures of this ladies Omega Seamaster. I believe it is authentic, and very old. It appears to be solid 18k, needs a crown, but otherwise in good condition. There is no cal or reference number on the movement, and I am having a hard time doing research on the watch. I want to make a fair offer so that we are both happy, but of course need to leave some room for myself to make money too. Has anyone seen an old Seamaster with a movement like this without a cal or reference number? I believe it dates back to the 40s or 50s. Any information or guidance is truly appreciated. I'm completely lost on what to offer for it.

-Omega

4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn’t look right to me. Especially the dial and the spacing of the Omega letters on the movement which looks like an ebauche. Scrap gold would be the most you should offer.

Dapman

Sep 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn’t look right to me. Especially the dial and the spacing of the Omega letters on the movement which looks like an ebauche. Scrap gold would be the most you should offer.

Agree - I don’t think there’s anything good with this watch including the case. Proceed with caution....

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Complete FAKE!! Case will not be gold either. Omega never marked their gold watches on the outside case back. It is marked on the inside of the case back. Stay away.

T.

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forget that Omega, how about pictures of the Tags and the real Omegas? :-) Incredible all of those watches in a week? I grew up in California, and I know it is a goldmine there. Congratulations.

artslinger

OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you guys for all the advice, I'm going to stay away. Here are some pics of the other watches I got last week. Sadly this week was a little slower, only got the first tag you see in the pictures. Hopefully the swap meet is good tomorrow!

56 (2).JPG 54 (50).JPG 54 (33).JPG 54 (63).JPG DSC_0002.JPG 51 (2).JPG 51 (11).JPG 51 (20).JPG 51 (165).JPG 51 (173).JPG 50 (55).JPG

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great collection. What kind of of price are you buying them for?

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your first Omega is absolutely fake. They never signed Just OMEGA despite that the pact that the letters are way wrong it should have watch company following or the Omega symbol underneath. It will always have serial numbers The case back is wrong the gold make should be inside. This case will not test gold I am sure of it. Be very careful with watches of this caliber they are faked to death.

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like that first Omega from the collection of pictures. Beautiful scores!

artslinger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread