Veterans Day Bottle Hunt

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
The bottle hunting crew got together for a Veterans Day hunt. Be-fitting of the day, we were hunting on the edge of Pearl Harbor on the mud flats. In one of the the photo's in the distance stands the Arizona memorial and the battleship Missouri. We found a few good bottles. Of course, lucky Mike found a nice Hutchinson Soda. Please join me in remembering and saying God Bless to the hero's that gave so much so we could spend a beautiful day hunting for bottles as free americans.

Attachments

• 033.JPG
    033.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 455
  • 034.JPG
    034.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 443
  • 032.JPG
    032.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 441
  • 035.JPG
    035.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 437
Upvote 0

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs!! Would love to see a closeup of the bottles, which ones are the oldest in that photo?

ringman said:
Please join me in remembering and saying God Bless to the hero's that gave so much so we could spend a beautiful day hunting for bottles as free americans.

Amen to that!

OP
OP
Da Sand Crab

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
Rusted_Iron said:
Nice digs!! Would love to see a closeup of the bottles, which ones are the oldest in that photo?

Sorry, I only bring a cheapy camera on digs so the photo's are not so good. They were all turn of the century beers and rum/whiskey bottles. They were all given to the newest bottle collector Tom.

OP
OP
Da Sand Crab

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
hawaiiandigger said:
Hey Ringman you guys must be expert diggers to find the bottles in the water. Can I come next time?

Come to the bottle club meetings and you can hook up with other diggers. I'll gladly tell you where this spot is. The next meeting is on the second Tuesday in December. Christmas party will also be on that day.

vwayne1

Jan 14, 2005
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
What kind of tool are you guys using to probe for bottles in the water? Any thing special, or just a rake? I have some spots I want to hit soon for bottles, and their in water as well. Nice digs!! This is the kinda thing we find around here. Sometimes good, usually rotten. I want old bottles.

Attachments

• 77.jpg
    77.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 262
  • 77.jpg
    77.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 268
OP
OP
Da Sand Crab

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
vwayne1 said:
What kind of tool are you guys using to probe for bottles in the water? Any thing special, or just a rake? I have some spots I want to hit soon for bottles, and their in water as well. Nice digs!! This is the kinda thing we find around here. Sometimes good, usually rotten. I want old bottles.

In this particular spot the bottles are in deep mud so you have to feel for them with your shoes and then confirm what you're stepping on with a steel probe. So unfortunately, we only find the bigger bottles.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread