Vics gold mine

Smoken76

Jul 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

dances for eels

Sep 22, 2011
I was out there in'09; very friendly folks, a good place to learn to pan. Seems like it was $12-$15 for the day. The owner was Jesse Peterson and, at the time, he was in a fight with Colorado DOT about a highway right of way; I don't know how that turned out. If I were planning a trip, I would Google his business number and see what's up.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The place is very down homey and they do a great job teaching. The gold in the creek there is quite small, you can do better down in Denver for gold production.

OP
OP
S

Smoken76

Jul 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey thanks Kevin where would suggest I go in Denver? I've I would like some place family friendly, I've two little ones that want to dig.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you try the inside river bends on the South Platte or Clear Creek down in the city you will have luck. City parks in the city of Denver, or Commerce city are your easy ways to know you are in a place you are welcome - Grant Frontier Park is popular for example! Stay out of Wheatridge as they have banned us. Send me a private message if you need more info.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions