Victorio Peak

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the exceptions of them marinating in a bottle of fine tequila, I put scorpions in the same class as internal organs of any type.

I live in the United States of America. We have large, well stocked, grocery stores. Many many restaurants, and many many tasty larger animals!

Maybe for shock value. Definitely for survival. Most often on a bet. I leave bugs and guts alone other than that. In Survival Phase of Ranger School, I dug large white grubs out of rotten logs, and ate maggots, lizards, my poor wabbit, pine cone parts, etc. I never developed a taste for any of it. It doesn't revolt me, but is not my food of choice.

Best,

Mike

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gollum, You mean that you would turn down a Balut or a nice wrigling piece of Limburger cheese for a trail snack while checking into the victoria peak story? Of course, while inside, you probably can find quite a few snacks crawling around with the blacklight.

p.s. You needn't share with me, I have my own thingies.

Beth: Good chorizo is gooood! Very nutricious, especilly when wrapped inside of a nice whole grain hot tortilla. Of course a chunk of Chihuahua cheese completes it.

If it is a Mexicn scorpion, I have no doubt that it is occaisionally testing the ageing.

Tropical Tramp

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Has anyone noticed .. On this MAP >>
Calfornia is an ISLAND!
The Spanish WERE CORRECT!
At this time California Was an Island!

gollum said:
That map is only one of many available in Hi Resolution from the Library of Congress at:

http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/gmdhtml/gmdhome.html

Here is the full map, but you can't read the fine print. I had to downsize it to post. The full mapsize from the L.O.C. is something like 93 inches by 65 inches and is 22MB in size.

sanson1650smlb9.jpg

Best,

Mike

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Bill,

Actually, California was not an island. Even then. The reason they thought so, was because the Colorado River had jumped it's banks one of many times and filled the Salton Sink, forming a shallow inland sea (read the Pearl Galleon of Iturbide Story). Most of this inland sea was too shallow to navigate, so they just assumed it went all the way through, back to the Pacific Ocean. It didn't. It just went up to the Colorado River.

Best,

Mike

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jose,

Let me tell you a little story about Balut! When I was n the P.I. (Philipine Islands) in the early eighties, I was staying with a little cutie in town. About 2AM, we were in bed, and I woke up to the sound of "BAAAAALUUUUUT, BAAAAAALUUUUUT" My girl asked me for 20 pesos, and ran out the door. She came back holding two eggs, with the tops broken off. I asked her what they were, and she replied "It's Balut. Eat it, you like it!" I took the egg from her, looked down into the top, and I saw the top of a fuzzy head! I looked closer, and I could see the little arms and legs. I looked at her, and before I could say anything, she slurped it down like I do a raw oyster. I handed her mine ,and told her she could have it, but she had to brush her teeth before coming back to bed! NASTY!

OK, I will do the intestines, as long as they are stuffed with anduille. I do like chorizo though.

Best,

Mike

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Gollum:
I was referring to:
The Days Before the "White Man" !
The Early Spanish Included! (of the 1500's)
If you get a chance and happen to know a Ute/Piute, especially, a "Story Teller" , (a Historian)
Have him relate to you, the history of the "California Inland Sea!" :o
As it is recorded by, Their! History.... NOT! OURS!
To verify this, carefully check a large State Topo Map of the,
"Great Basin" and of, Eastern NV & Westerncentral CA. (where they meet)

O

OKIE

Bill I should have all of my stuff in place by 1/10/07
DON'T LEAVE WITH OUT ME !!!!!!
I'll call you soon.
Ray

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill,

I think you mean Western Nevada. Like I said (please reread my previous post), the inland sea was only where the Colorado jumped it's banks and flooded the Salton Sink. It flowed into what is now the Gulf of California. There was never a Northern Outlet into the Pacific. For that to happen, the water level would have to rise about 1500 feet, where water would flow over what is now L.A. There are too many mountain ranges between the basin and the Pacific for water to have been open there.

Best,

Mike

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=JudyH
I vote that RealDeal, Gollum, and myself join up with Bill and do this thing.......waddaya say guys?
I'm free for the winter...have to head back that way in April anyway.
Judy

HI gal, sniff, I will prob be inovlved with getting my Escondida mine going with the Canadian company. Family needs dictate that first. Franky I would love to do it, and if circumstancs permit ----."X" One can always pay for any operations needed to fix any hernias from lifting nasty Gold bars easily, from Capt Bills part naturally..

p.s. How do you like the state's Geologist sampling results of the Escondida?

Tropical Tramp

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
:D I am cetainly open to any trips! :)
As you all know (?), I am into TH'ing full time!
AND!
I WAS! going to say, "Time is always available/unlimited"!
But! :-\
This past year has been anything BUT!
Just when I had the Jeep and a few other items taken care of,
I, suddenly have some "Personal Legal" problems!
Then a few monhs back,
My! DAD died and left a small estate to my relatives in GUAM!
I, being the Eldest SON, have been appointed, "Trustee" (A Tradition)....
SO!
Lawyers being lawyers ! :(
More "Legal" problems !
BUT!
I have been informed, last Friday, that they all (both sets of problems) should be resolved SOMETIME!
Between now and MARCH 20th!
I am going to push for a resolution of the problems, sometime in Jan. '07 .... I HOPE!
But!
If you all are serious, and I HOPE that you are! about the "Trip"!
This will give "us?" some time to get things organized !

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Confused about what? Judy has suggested an interesting form of excavation! Nothing to do with any site mentioned here! ;D ;D ;D

Best,

Mike

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JudyH said:
I may have to bring out the big guns, Beth......(snicker) ;D

Smootchies, Gollum... :-*....(big sigh)

If you really want to bring out the BIG GUNS:

(smoochies back to ya!)

Attachments

• 05190007.jpg
    05190007.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 1,572

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the tunnel boring machine that dug the Tokyo Subway. I think it would make a nice shaft right through Victorio Peak!

Mike

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
May I ask a question here? You have all heard of what some say happened to the huge store of gold in Victorio - do you expect that there will be anything left there to find, besides tracks?

Sign me puzzled..... ???

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know, I know......93,000,000 troy ounces of gold taken out.

Merry Christmas,

Mike

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Hey for all I know, the treasure remains in the mountain - those boys who claim to have seen and/or helped haul it out could be pulling our leg, so to speak. If you have fun looking, then it is worth doing! Who knows, even if the treasure found by old Doc Noss was stolen by our own government, who can say that was ALL there was to find? There could well be other stashes in the area, perhaps even MORE than was found by Noss! I was just curious if you had some information that something remained from the original find, that was not removed.

Ditto - Merry Christmas to you Mike and everyone else here! ;)
Oroblanco

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
:o I HAVE! ::)

As you might remember, one of Doc's Grandson's is/was :'(
A Partner of mine!
I have information on,
NOT! ONE! ;)

BUT! TWO! ;D

If you'd like, I can relate some very general information on them!

You'll have to be patient, because, and not because I live in Texas, they're pretty ,
:-\ LONG WINDED TALES! :P

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Merry Christmas CptBil and everyone,

Cpt Bill wrote: If you'd like, I can relate some very general information on them!

You'll have to be patient, because, and not because I live in Texas, they're pretty ,
LONG WINDED TALES!

Well heck I have quite a penchant for being long-winded, so sure don't mind reading a long post or three! After all, what is this forum for, if not to share stories, reports, etc? Please do share!
Roy ~ Oroblanco

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
What I meant was,
To write/type a, (to place on the Forum)
"Long Winded Story= many words=many, many letters= a ton of keystrokes= even more time!
AND!!
At my 20wpm or so!
You're looking at a WHOLE! lot of time! :-\ :-\

One of these days, !'ll have to teach myself to "Type" !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread