VIDEO-A Little Bit of Silver for the Pocket

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Yesterday went to one of my hard hunted spots to see if I could find anything I missed. I put in the Deus Fast mode and switched it to 4 tones with high hitting 80 and up, 2nd tones breaking just below 58, and the 3rd in the 20's. I worked a sidewalk that had produced several turn of the century coins. First 62-63 signal was a 1943P war nickel.
B4RU5.jpg
lGbbf.jpg

I moved on down the side walk and got another 60ish number that kept repeating so I dug... It appears to be corroding so I didn't even look for any marks.
F3W6r.jpg

After finishing up the sidewalk I moved up into the yard and can't explain this one, but I got a 81-82 number.. I was thinking clad penny. It doesn't have a date, but that's a corroded buffalo nickel.
Y9OaH.jpg
OOUZu.jpg

I got this tiny pin that came in lower than a 62 but it repeated so I dug it..
c5Ete.jpg

Next signal over was a compact lid.
pqblO.jpg

It started getting dark so I moved around the side of the house and got a lower 80's signal. When I recovered it, I knew it wasn't a penny so I kind of got excited thinking token, possibly a coal token, cause I thought I saw the word Power... lol well it was a let down..lol
DKLBE.jpg

Don't know where I saw the word power but, I got a laugh out of it..
Today I went back to finish the yard, but noticed a neighbor out on his porch and asked and he granted permission. I was so excited that I flew through the rest of the yard. I dug a few rifle brass, and a curtain weight..
I went over to the new yard and talked with the landowners and started detecting.. First target was a 1945 wheat and it was shallow.. I thought oboy...
The first cool target was this....UPDATED INFO Its a Shriner's Watch fob and chain(thanks to Pappy for the ID).
xIOz9.jpg

It came in at a 88-89. When I dug it, it was laid stretched out in the ground and had to open the ground up the entire length of it.. I thought of how it probably looked laying in the grass when it was first lost..
My next two targets where wheats from the 20's
Qefrb.jpg
YERYG.jpg

The next target got me excited.. Finally some silver... and the Deus's first SLQ
5ebFJ.jpg
lbFje.jpg

After recouping from finding some silver I moved to the next row and got a 90's signal and bam! A Merc...
z4Wia.jpg

I continued down that row and had a clear low 90's number... My heart almost stopped when I seen the date..lol O well...
pFmv0.jpg

It started getting dark and the skeeters were out.. I moved right up next to an old pecan tree and dug my last signal.. mid 90's
W5Ugp.jpg

It was good to finally start finding silver again.. I'm heading back in the next few days hoping to at least find some older relics or even some tokens too... thanks for reading...

Upvote 0

goldhungry

Jan 2, 2009
Kimball. Mi
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark. Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice stuff! Enjoyed the video. HH

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread