Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on that FINE block A button! I got my first Confederate button this month too. Called Quindy early in the am when I realized what I was looking at. Congratulations! I want to thank you for putting together a truly beautiful video. Watching those opening shots really made me miss that area of Virginia, which is where I grew up.

Best Wishes,

Buckles

OP
OP
Valley Ranger

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on that FINE block A button! I got my first Confederate button this month too. Called Quindy early in the am when I realized what I was looking at. Congratulations! I want to thank you for putting together a truly beautiful video. Watching those opening shots really made me miss that area of Virginia, which is where I grew up.

Best Wishes,

Buckles

Thanks Buckles. That button was the last thing I expected that day! I enjoy cleaning, identifying, and putting videos together almost as much as I do finding the relics. Thanks for taking a look.

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If someone does not appreciate and enjoy that video immensely, they need a psychiatrist. Excellent job Richard. I am not a prophet but applied logic to my prophecy:
1. Competent detectorist.
2. In the bread basket of the Confederacy.
3. Highly motivated individual.
There was a high degree of probability that you would recover the nice CS artillery button. It will not be your last CS button (or plate).
Where did you get those snake proof tennis shoes?-LOL. WTG, Quindy.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video!! I do a lot of water hunting and was wondering if you were using the Gopro HD. I have one ordered just for this sort of hunting. Really liked your finds and editing.
HH
TnMtns

OP
OP
Valley Ranger

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great video!! I do a lot of water hunting and was wondering if you were using the Gopro HD. I have one ordered just for this sort of hunting. Really liked your finds and editing.
HH
TnMtns

Thanks! No, I use a $99 FLIP camera. They also sell a waterproof case for it, which is what I had it in for the filming. I've considered getting a GoPro, but have other money priorities right now and I think I've read the editing software is proprietary, which troubles me a bit. I've gotten used to using the very simple Windows Movie Maker. I also read the GoPro software has had some "bug" issues. Maybe someone will correct me on that, but it's just what I've read. Thanks for watching!

OP
OP
Valley Ranger

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If someone does not appreciate and enjoy that video immensely, they need a psychiatrist. Excellent job Richard. I am not a prophet but applied logic to my prophecy:
1. Competent detectorist.
2. In the bread basket of the Confederacy.
3. Highly motivated individual.
There was a high degree of probability that you would recover the nice CS artillery button. It will not be your last CS button (or plate).
Where did you get those snake proof tennis shoes?-LOL. WTG, Quindy.

Thanks Quindy. I did see a snake that day, but it was far enough away for me not to worry, though I carry a snakebite kit with me at all times in the summer - just in case.

oldsalty19

Silver Member
May 29, 2011
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great vid and hunt.....keep it swinging

OP
OP
Valley Ranger

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
great vid and hunt.....keep it swinging

Gonna go swingin' in the morning'! Supposed to be in the 90's, so I'll probably cut it short. Cellar hole deep in the Blue Ridge.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! No, I use a $99 FLIP camera. They also sell a waterproof case for it, which is what I had it in for the filming. I've considered getting a GoPro, but have other money priorities right now and I think I've read the editing software is proprietary, which troubles me a bit. I've gotten used to using the very simple Windows Movie Maker. I also read the GoPro software has had some "bug" issues. Maybe someone will correct me on that, but it's just what I've read. Thanks for watching!

I have heard the same things on the editing. I am on a Mac and hope final cut pro or imovie will work. Whatever you did you did well sir. Good luck with your hunt tomorrow. Check back with me on the GoPro H.D.
Thanks for sharing

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Buckles. That button was the last thing I expected that day! I enjoy cleaning, identifying, and putting videos together almost as much as I do finding the relics. Thanks for taking a look.

That enjoyment shows in the finished product, AND in your great finds! Thanks again. I appreciate you taking the time to make such a great video.

Best Wishes,

Buckles

OP
OP
Valley Ranger

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That enjoyment shows in the finished product, AND in your great finds! Thanks again. I appreciate you taking the time to make such a great video.

Best Wishes,

Buckles

BTW, I notice you own a Tesoro Silver U-Max. My son in law, who is new to the hobby (I got him hooked), got one for Christmas last year. Any tips you can pass along that I can share with him. He lives in Canada.

U

umrgolf

Really like that video. Huge Congrats on your first Conf. button, it looks great :headbang:

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome video,And finds.............Good luck on your hunt in the morning..............HH

OP
OP
Valley Ranger

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have heard the same things on the editing. I am on a Mac and hope final cut pro or imovie will work. Whatever you did you did well sir. Good luck with your hunt tomorrow. Check back with me on the GoPro H.D.
Thanks for sharing

Yeah, I will. The capabilities and ruggedness of the GoPro is quite impressive for sure.

VaMark

Jun 3, 2012
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
GPX 5000, XP Deus, AT Pro, Silver U-Maxx, Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video Richard! Nice finds! Your daughters have beautiful voices they really sound great.
I'm going on a river east of the Blue Ridge Mountains tomorrow for some hunting. We should get together for a river hunt sometime.

Thanks for sharing. HH

Last edited:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW, I notice you own a Tesoro Silver U-Max. My son in law, who is new to the hobby (I got him hooked), got one for Christmas last year. Any tips you can pass along that I can share with him. He lives in Canada.

If he is ever a member of the forum, I'm happy to pass along some tips directly. In the meantime, what I can say is this: The silver uMax's strength lies in its target separation ability and stability in high iron sites. The drawback is preset ground balance and lack of depth with the stock coil. The type of sites I dig, I hunt with my discrimination set at the "F" in "FOIL" and dig it all. The little machine works well if you spin the knob to see where signals tune out. This takes some practice, but he'll get the hang of it in no time. Hard to beat the simplicity of the machine. Even though it looks like it, the little detector is no toy, and many of my finds in the past few years were dug using the uMax. If you are using it in high iron, you will want to slow the sweep speed. Low iron site, you can swing faster. I have found this to be true with most beep/dig machines.

Best Wishes,

Buck

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Block "A" button, very nice piece. Your video, Academy Awards stuff right there. Great job done.:notworthy:
ZDD

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a a good time.

OP
OP
Valley Ranger

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great video Richard! Nice finds! Your daughters have beautiful voices they really sound great.
I'm going on a river east of the Blue Ridge Mountains tomorrow for some hunting. We should get together for a river hunt sometime.

Thanks for sharing. HH

Let's do it! PM me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread