Video of 300th silver found,a week late in posting but.I finally got it together

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It took me a while to put the video together of my 290th -300th found, plus pics of my hunts from this year.
I have never found as much as 100 silver in a year ....Till this year....After over 15 years of detecting....I finally got Lucky.....REAL lucky...............Click the You Tube Icon, then the square at the bottom right to Watch in full screen ,and please be kind in rating my video....
Also you can subscibe to my channel if you wish.....It's much appreciated......Thank You

Upvote 0

MarkinIa

Nov 10, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-505
WOW, now that's a bunch of silver finds for one year. Congrats :headbang:

I hope you do even better next year.

TheProf

Nov 13, 2009
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 White's Spectrum Vibra-Probe 580 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty impressive! You might get 350 by the end of the year! Good luck!

FoxRox

Dec 28, 2005
Lexington, Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT/Shadow X-5...Bullseye pinpointer
GREAT video. Really took some time. Thanks for sharing. My silvers this year get counted on one hand :-[, I don't get out much though and the parks have been pounded. Best of luck for next year and Merry Christmas to you also!!!!!!!!

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800 & Makro Multi Kruzer, the rest are collecting dust...
That's amazing, congrats :hello2:

Only thing that's surprising is with that many silvers, not a single seated :icon_scratch:

hh,
Brian

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How on earth do you get 300 silver coins for a year. ??? :o What kind of sites are you hunting, how much time do you spend hunting and looking for sites. :dontknow: Is it all private property or what. :icon_scratch: us anything, come on whats the trick? :dontknow:

Great finds !! :notworthy: :headbang: :hello2:

Keep @ it and HH !! :D ;D

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Last year I did a little over a 100 silvers, to dig 300 well that's just awesome. Well done! :icon_thumright:

gibsondan

Nov 15, 2008
You did a phenomenal job finding silver this year! Major congrats on surpassing 300! I know those big city parks you hunt have been hunted by detectorists for decades. Yet you have managed to find so much. That is a testament to how well you have mastered your detector. What more can I say? I'm in awe. :icon_salut:

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
WTG, Dave!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm glad you hit the big 300. Thanks for taking us there! :wink:

Mercs at 1"?! That's crazy to me, too! I wonder how many of those shallow ones I've walked right over... :-\

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on finding OVER THREE HUNDRED SILVER. I KNOW YOU HAVE DONE ALOT OF DIGGING AND SPENT ALOT OF TIME OUT IN THE FIELD. IT IS KIND OF STRANGE NOT TO FIND ANY SEATED FOR ALL THE PLACES YOU HAVE BEEN HUNTING. YOUR TURN WILL COME SOON , UNLESS L4S AND I GET THERE FIRST! :laughing7: :laughing7: :hello:

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
Congrats on 300 Dave. I remember when you Goio and I got together for our first hunt of the season. You asked us if we thought it was possible for us to find 1000 silver together. We both looked at you and said naahhh. Well we almost did it with your 300+, Goio's 400+ and my 200+. Its been fun hunting this year with you and Goio. We got one more hunt for the 3 of us this year. Who knows maybe we will smoke enough out to get to 1000. Naahhh, probably not. LOL. TMAN...

OP
OP
AmericanCoinHunting

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LabradorBob (Missouri) said:
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING,Thanks so much for sharing.
Cant wait for 2010.
Thanks Bob, We spent ALLOT of time hunting & digging this year..I think next year
we will be spending more time with family...It was fun while it lasted tho..
Setting a goal,acheiving & so on....Next year...Maybe 100 ?

MarkinIa said:
WOW, now that's a bunch of silver finds for one year. Congrats :headbang:

I hope you do even better next year.
Thanks MarkinIa, Next year...Maybe 100 ?

tymcmurray said:
Nice!
Just got that video under the 10 minute mark too.
Yeah L.O.L......I had to edit alllllllot out L.O.L.

edpeck said:
Pretty impressive! You might get 350 by the end of the year! Good luck!
I don't even know if we'll even be able to get out again this month...With the highs
forcasted in the teens this weekend...But we are going to give it a try,if possible.
Thanks

FoxRox said:
GREAT video. Really took some time. Thanks for sharing. My silvers this year get counted on one hand :-[, I don't get out much though and the parks have been pounded. Best of luck for next year and Merry Christmas to you also!!!!!!!!
I know what you mean....Almost all the parks we hunted this year...We hunted before..
But each of us were instrumental in helping the other 2 zero in on the silver...
It is much more fun,and profitable to hunt together...Than hunting Solo

allen said:
thats more silver than ive found in my 10 years of detecting!! :thumbsup:
Me too (Almost)....We three were all suprized how helping each other (and the competition)
Helped our silver count rise so drastically ...[Even compaired to last year]

Cal_Cobra said:
That's amazing, congrats :hello2:

Only thing that's surprising is with that many silvers, not a single seated :icon_scratch:

hh,
Brian
Yeah.....I was the only one of the 3 of us.....GOIO w/412....& 2 seated,and tmanfromtexas
w/213 1 seated & 1 L.C......And me....No seated....but I did find a silver $,a silver 1/2
and last weekend my 306th silver was ANOTHER walking 1/2....but NO seated...EVER
..........tick --- tock.....I am STILL LOOKING 4 ONE....L.O.L.

MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
How on earth do you get 300 silver coins for a year. ??? :o What kind of sites are you hunting, how much time do you spend hunting and looking for sites. :dontknow: Is it all private property or what. :icon_scratch: us anything, come on whats the trick? :dontknow:

Great finds !! :notworthy: :headbang: :hello2:

Keep @ it and HH !! :D ;D
3 guys that are hunting with the same machine and settings....helping each other ...One gets a silver will
tell the other 2 what number readings and tone that its sounding at...and what depth....we're finding silver
We hunted Old (& a few newer) Chicago parks....Only went to the woods 7-8 times...The other
times were all parks hunts...My first one of this year was in the woods...a merc on Jan 1st 2009
the next weekend...(In the same woods) (GOIO-400) found 2 barber q's, a barb dime,v nickle...ect spill
.That's what set the tone for the year....Great competition amongst friends...

pepperj said:
Last year I did a little over a 100 silvers, to dig 300 well that's just awesome. Well done! :icon_thumright:
I have got 500 in 15 years.....but never over 100 in a year till now.....& I don't want to stop...
%&)&*%* Snow....L.O.L.

gibsondan said:
You did a phenomenal job finding silver this year! Major congrats on surpassing 300! I know those big city parks you hunt have been hunted by detectorists for decades. Yet you have managed to find so much. That is a testament to how well you have mastered your detector. What more can I say? I'm in awe. :icon_salut:
Hey Thanks Dan, Next year....Watch your silver total skyroket.....You are really getting to know your machine well
,and all you need now ..Is a local hunting partner that uses an E-Trac as well....I don't believe
I would have got much past 50 silver....If it wasn't for the help & competition the other 2 provide..

Kimsdad said:
WTG, Dave!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm glad you hit the big 300. Thanks for taking us there! :wink:

Mercs at 1"?! That's crazy to me, too! I wonder how many of those shallow ones I've walked right over... :-\
I bet I dug 75 of them at 3" or less....But I dug ALLLLLOOOOOTTT of targets....$300 in clad,
along with 1,100 wheats, & over 2,000 memorials...L.O.L.

etrac007 said:
congrats on finding OVER THREE HUNDRED SILVER. I KNOW YOU HAVE DONE ALOT OF DIGGING AND SPENT ALOT OF TIME OUT IN THE FIELD. IT IS KIND OF STRANGE NOT TO FIND ANY SEATED FOR ALL THE PLACES YOU HAVE BEEN HUNTING. YOUR TURN WILL COME SOON , UNLESS L4S AND I GET THERE FIRST! :laughing7: :laughing7: :hello:
Thanks,Take me along to your and L4S's Groves in L&C.C.F.P.....? I'll try to gve you a run for a seated....L.O.L...You guys dug some
serious oldies out there.......And did well at the C.P.D. as well....Congrats to you guys are in order..

tmanfromtexas said:
Congrats on 300 Dave. I remember when you Goio and I got together for our first hunt of the season. You asked us if we thought it was possible for us to find 1000 silver together. We both looked at you and said naahhh. Well we almost did it with your 300+, Goio's 400+ and my 200+. Its been fun hunting this year with you and Goio. We got one more hunt for the 3 of us this year. Who knows maybe we will smoke enough out to get to 1000. Naahhh, probably not. LOL. TMAN...
I think if the weather held up.....Us 3 would get close to 1,000 for the year..
,but 65 more silver coins in a month?....Man that's allot of work.Too bad
we can't count the silver jewelry as well...L.O.L.

capndan151 said:
what an accomplishment. You've definitely earned some bragging rights
Thanks capndan151, but I think bragging rights goes to my buddy GOIO. That has found 412 this year L.O.L.

TejasDigger said:
Man, that's seems unbelievable! Way to go!

Thanks TejasDigger, Until October all I had was a camera...I took pics when I got home...
Now,with (a couple cmcorders) I film most every detecting outing....Takes away from some of my fun....
But hopefully others can enjoy our hunts

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
300 silvers is amazing, but I do see your swinging a minelab.........seems like everyone who hits the BIG silver numbers always got minelabs, they are the best!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread