Video of diver finding a piece of eight from the Atocha Shipwreck!

It's amazing that after all these years they're still finding silver and gold. The cargo those ships carried was staggering.

Those genuune grade 1 pieces of eight from the Atocha can be worth $5000 or more. But then there's always those on ebay for maybe $150 ;D

The thing I think about is there are no doubt many more great ships yet to be found.

Great video...thanks for posting it.

Badger

Badger

I was just on travel discovery online and found a video of a woman who found piece of eight within 30 minutes diving on one of mel fisher lease sites...and guess what?? they let her keep the coin!!

I might end up having a heart attack if i found something like that...i'd be happy though ;D

Badger, If you are an investor with the Fisher group and you get to dive with them, then they will let you keep the first coin you find. I invested way back when and today I have 18 nice Atocha pieces of eight through division, most are grade 2. I posted a picture of them awhile back on Shipwrecks and would post another picture but I keep most of that stuff in a safe deposit box among other goodies!!!
Nowadays most of my diving is on the 1715 fleet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back