Video of new park rules in Chicago, The dumbest thing you will ever see!!!

txpathfinder

Feb 4, 2008
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Disclaimer: report has no mention of metal detecting.

Just a heads up to those who don't want to waist 2 minutes for something non metal detector related.

OP
OP
treasurefiend

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Disclaimer: report has no mention of metal detecting.

austinjoe said:
Just a heads up to those who don't want to waist 2 minutes for something non metal detector related.

If they aren't going to let you play with a ball in the park, do you think they will let people metal detect in them genius!!!

Glenns5900

Dec 14, 2005
Longmont, CO USA
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro (not SL) Old, but still good
I seem to remember a song where they suggested gathering up all the trees and putting them in a tree museum.

Maybe they should gather up all the turf and put it in a turf museum?

Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got till it's gone? Pave paradise - put up a parking lot. :BangHead:

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What in Hell is this city coming to....
That is a joke !!!!!!

Next you won't be able to jog or run in the park...

Iron Maiden

Mar 2, 2008
St. Joseph, Missouri
Detector(s) used
White's 6000/Di PRO sl and Classic III
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good thing they weren't eating their lunch at a picnic table, they might have been thrown in jail. :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Welcome to the park. You may not walk in it, lest ye harm the lawn. You may not skate in it, walk your dog in it, go to it after dark, or hang around for very long without being suspected of loitering or worse. The best thing to do at the park is drive past it.

Silver Fox

Dec 8, 2007
New York City, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
This is also not associated with metal detecting but in New York City's Central Park (843 acres of metal detecting paradise but not allowed) you see thousands of bicyclists, especially during the summer. Bicycles are everywhere. BUT you cannot ride your bike on the paths! You have to walk your bike from the entrances to the park until you get to the roads and vice versa. To this effect the Parks Department has added images of bikes on the paths with a circle and a cross bar indicating NO!

There are far too many cyclists for this to prevent most or all of them from obeying the sign language but a PEP can give you a hard time including a citation and I don't know if they'll also confiscate your bike. They don't want you riding on the paths 'cause that's where the pedestrian walk and some cyclists are demons on wheels and perhaps there have been too many accidents in which the pedestrian loses, especially old folks.

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
that sucks treasurefiend!! you could probably get a lot of gold rings from people dropping them all over the place. Now they won't even let you dig up the grass even if your good about putting your holes back in!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
what a crock -- with the govt bitching all the time about overwieght folks and people being stressed out to the max--- well the parks are the poor man's prozac--- exersize and fun to destress --now what ---talk about mirco managent -- well if you can can only do it in "approved areas" --I say its time"we the people" who want to use OUR parks make them "approve" lots and lots of "formal feilds" for baseball,football,soccor and yes even metal detecting !!! if we can only do it in approved areas --them tell them that you want lots of them -- and to get to work setting them up --NOW!!! or esle when election time comes you know who NOT to vote for!!! and they will be looking for a new job. --- stupidest thing I heard of for a long tiime --- Ivan

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW ! A $200 fine for playing soccer in a park. They would probably shoot you on site if they caught you digging. I LOVE THE BEACH!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They'll Lean

No Fun allowed !

And Wipe That smile off your face !!!!!

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
That is friggin retarded. I'll update you guys when I'm ticketed because I hunt the parks.

They should start a spring program, in which they ticket grey squirrels for digging up old nuts and other food items.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread