Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Just got a flip video camera recently, and tried to do a little clip from the hammered silver site in case something nice was found. I need to get a hat mount so I can work hands-free and eliminate the herky-jerky motion, and also need to work or getting clear close-ups. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. So my apologies for the poor quality, but at least I was able to document the finds.

Upvote 0

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
Re: You're absolutely right DMN

Silver Searcher said:
Bill D. (VA) said:
DMN said:
Finding those hammereds has to be the best! :headbang: The only thing running shivers up my spine is the way you are rubbing those coins to clean them. Bring a little bottle of water and a soft cloth or toothbrush and you'll avoid scratching them. I say this only because you'll compromise a really good coin and scratch up an already had to read one. Since they are scarce enough to find here there is some real value in them as a historical object as well. Sorry about ranting some; just a real scary sound hearing that finger rubbing those coins.
Keep the pics and vids coming. Those are some mighty finds and site you have there!!!

I couldn't help but notice myself the crunching sound which seemed to be amplified in the video. I'm usually pretty good about not doing that, but guess I was caught up in the moment and with doing the video and everything I was just off in another world. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, and I'll try to do a little better next time.
Don't worry Bill I do it all the Time :laughing9: the only thing you have to worry about, when rubbing between fingers is snapping one, Tuder Silver coins are usually good Silver, not like early Hammerds that snap when you just look at them :laughing9:

SS
Bill: I can understand. I've done it too and fortunately avoided scarring a good coin. You seem to have a spot so sweet we'd all die for(welllll, maybe get near death). Just wouldn't want you to compromise anything you'd regret later. Silver has it right too, based on the laments of a few of the Brits here. Wouldn't want you in the same boat!!!
Out of curiosity, did you do a major amount of research to get to that particular site or was it just kismet?
Oh, and would you be able to post pics of your cleaned finds, front and back? Just want to drool a little more. :P

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder whats the history of that area Colonial town/village trader spot etc. Also be good practice not to rub them. My buddy found out the hard way...200.00 coin to nada.. great history and vid. HH

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your the talk of the town with them finds..... :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread