thecolonel

May 1, 2013
Hampstead, NH
Detector(s) used
Whites ID
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All sorts of suff in this stuff...coins, pins, toe nails, etc. BEWARE of sharps. WEAR GLOVES!

rickv14623

Dec 24, 2012
upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would it be faster to dump in a screen? About how much "paydirt" come out of a unit?

OP
OP
thecolonel

thecolonel

May 1, 2013
Hampstead, NH
Detector(s) used
Whites ID
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would it be faster to dump in a screen? About how much "paydirt" come out of a unit?

It depends. When full, the contents will fill a 5 gallon bucket. Sometimes half or even 1/4 of a bucket depending on when I time my "services". I usually do sift the contents but for the video, I wanted to show the texture and how the coins are mixed in. This area of hunting appeals to coin shooters, sifters, treasure and jewelry hunters. I have been having a blast with it! I hope some of you try it. If so, let me know directly how you did! Here is the contents being sifted. HH

20130602_155936_resized(1).jpg

Last edited:

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BEWARE of sharps. WEAR GLOVES!

Not raggin on ya but rubber gloves certainly arent going to help against razor blades/ hyperdermic needles. Be careful of those....

OP
OP
thecolonel

thecolonel

May 1, 2013
Hampstead, NH
Detector(s) used
Whites ID
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not raggin on ya but rubber gloves certainly arent going to help against razor blades/ hyperdermic needles. Be careful of those....

Thanks for the concern. I am extremely gentle when handling. I tried the thick gloves but it is a daunting task to pick through the contents. OUCH!!!

rastinirv

Jan 21, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I am definitely tempted to try... Will let you know if I do.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know I'm going to check out the car wash's around me thanks for this tip.

firemac

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Irving Texas and the beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Garrett pro pointer Minelab Etrac & excal ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
have you tried running a magnet through it first to pull out some of the metal trash?

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I probably missed something, but where at the car wash does one find the buckets?

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
After eyeballing and sifting it might be worthwhile to dump on a tarp and use your detector with a small coil to make sure some small gold or other valuable didn't slip through.

OP
OP
thecolonel

thecolonel

May 1, 2013
Hampstead, NH
Detector(s) used
Whites ID
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After eyeballing and sifting it might be worthwhile to dump on a tarp and use your detector with a small coil to make sure some small gold or other valuable didn't slip through.
Good idea!!

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think this sounds fun, I'd do it. I was thinking that you could use a multi part screening process to speed it along. Maybe pour it through 1/8 inch mesh if they make it, or a thick window screen. Just to get the actual dirt out, then you could move it to a larger screen. Sounds fun, keep us posted.

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
I like your creativity and resourcefulness but I couldn't do it. Too creeped out by what's in the "paydirt" that's not valuable. Don't even want to think about it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread