Video record your find hands free?

CladiatorMax

Nov 1, 2012
Garden Grove, California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Sovereign GT / Garrett Carrot / Stavr Scoops
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey FN, I personally love the GoPro 4 Session. Its an easy one touch operation and waterproof right out of the package, no additional housing required. You can find them on various auction sites between $130 used to $199 new. Enjoy and HH.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well i do not record my finds with video and i do not keep a record with paper or in note books or on my PC.. I find no reason to.. My reallygood finds are stored in my head..And i have been doing this for 40+ years...

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Last year I had a friend that asked me how many scoops the gold ring I dug was and what did it sound like. Told him two scoops and sounded like a sinker. Well after watching the replay of the video I knew recording was the right thing to do, it was several scoops and sounded nothing like a sinker...I do record because I can't remember much of anything. I use a cheap old Tachyon XC which mounts to my head phones. Being mounted to them it captures the audio. I'm thinking someday when I'm older and can't get out I can set back and relive some of theses hunts. That's the good thing about the Tachyon, I turn it on and forget it, it records about 4 to 5 hours hunt time. By then I ready to go home and get a nape....

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
E-challenged, so no video, or audio, but if you hear a lot of whooping and yelling...it maybe me!

Pull tab mcfoilson

Jan 26, 2016
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett At max
Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Check out my video. The first few seconds has my setup on the detector.

I bought a clip and put it on my detector and you can also clip it to the bill of your hat. You can use go pro, I use a Sony HDR-as15. Been working pretty good.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was watching a guy on youtube in NJ (name = surfdigger?) and noted that he used a Swann. Seemed to do as well as any other vid. So I got one off ebay for $90 shipped. VERY lightweight. I drilled a hole in the bill of a ballcap and attached it there. Hardly notice its there and often forget about it. You can attach it on top or below the bill, tho in the latter case, it interferes slightly with your visual field (tho is better for filming digs). And I freaking LOVE the remote that comes with it.
Only downside I see with it is battery life, which is an issue you will face with any tiny lightweight camera.
(also note that the waterproof housing adds weight and I typically don't use it)

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey FN, I personally love the GoPro 4 Session. Its an easy one touch operation and waterproof right out of the package, no additional housing required. You can find them on various auction sites between $130 used to $199 new. Enjoy and HH.

I just picked one (GoPro 4 Session) up for playing with. Great little video camera. 1.5" cube and ways next to nothing. You use your iPhone to preview the image and go. 2 hours of recording on a single charge in HD. Sweet little piece.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread