Need Opinions on receipt from metal detector dealer.

gary s fl

Mar 21, 2005
Birmingham Alabama
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Explorer II, Excalibur, Aquasound, TDI, GB 2, Quick-triggered CZ-21, AU-21, G2, Comprade 7" & 5.5"
Primary Interest:
Other
I recently received this receipt via email from an online dealer after not receiving one with the two accessories I purchased at the same time as the CTX. Since I began metal detecting over 14 years ago, I've never received such a poorly written receipt from any online dealer I've purchased from for any item, much less a $2500 metal detector. My main concern is about whether this receipt would be adequate proof of purchase should I need warranty work done or if something were to happen to the CTX and I had to make an insurance claim. Do you think I should demand a proper receipt with the dealer's info included on the receipt, or am I being overly critical? :icon_scratch:

Attachments

• Receipt for CTX 3030, Coiltek 5x10 coil, Garrett Pro Pointer. Received by email 2-16-14.PDF
    554.1 KB · Views: 115

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I would think a receipt SHOULD have info for Who sold it not just who bought it.
It's like having a contract with one party left blank. Not binding.

CladiatorMax

Nov 1, 2012
Garden Grove, California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Sovereign GT / Garrett Carrot / Stavr Scoops
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Gary I agree with Tommy, the receipt should have some minimum dealer information on it. That dealer should be very appreciative of your purchase and be willing to assist you with any concerns you have with the transaction. If they aren't cooperative, let Minelab know, they are pretty strict on dealer code of ethics. Just to be on the safe side, here is the site where you can get the detector verified.

https://verify.minelab.com/verify(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/index.html#/form/product

Best of luck friend, I hope everything works out.

Just noticed the CTX3030 is not on that drop down menu, try starting with the registration first (link below). Hope this helps.

https://register.minelab.com/register(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/index.html#/form/product

Last edited:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You didn't get any online acknowledgement of the transaction or the payment?

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dealer is trying to avoid paying taxes IMO. Ask for a new one in a nice way. Remember you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. :laughing7:
Marvin

OP
OP
gary s fl

gary s fl

Mar 21, 2005
Birmingham Alabama
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Explorer II, Excalibur, Aquasound, TDI, GB 2, Quick-triggered CZ-21, AU-21, G2, Comprade 7" & 5.5"
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you very much for your replies, they're much appreciated. To answer a few of your comments.

CladiatorMax, I register the CTX online after receiving it from the distributor in mid Jan. I also called Minelab in IL to verify that indeed it was registered. It took a month to get this emailed receipt from the dealer which I had requested after not receiving the snail mail receipt from the dealer who had promised to send one. After receiving this receipt I contacted Minelab in IL by email to advise them of the situation, and gave my opinion regarding the receipt. The manager advised me to save my email and reply from them with the attached receipt, and that it should suffice should I need warranty work. No mention was made by them regarding the quality of the receipt or missing info. I'm also keeping the Visa statement as another proof of purchase which does have the dealers name.

Susan, after I purchased the CTX and accessories over the phone, I had to send multiple emails and leave multiple phone messages to the dealer to get the tracking numbers. I eventually got a text message reply and email with the tracking numbers which was my only purchase verification from the dealer until I received this receipt. Of course I got an immediate text from Visa when the purchase was made.

GA Boy, I agree with you regarding the missing info on the receipt. It's exactly what I expressed to my wife.

Thanks All

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When dealing with ML on a warranty issue (headphones), all they asked of me was serial #s proof (emailed photo). It matched their warranty registration that I had done and that was all they needed. Since CTX warranty is transferrable, I don't think you would ever have a problem should you need warranty work.
That said, if you want a receipt, the dealer is at least morally obligated to give you one outlining the terms of the sale.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread