*VIDEO* - Return to Hallowed Ground - Part 1

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Another very enjoyable video Richard. You had a great hunt. There is nothing like hunting relics in the footprints of your ancestors. The last 2 Tenn. Trio posts and videos were from a CSA camp where two of my great, great uncles camped and I have been fortunate to walk the same road that my great grandfather walked with the 8th TN. Infantry on the way to Chattanooga. Since American history is barely taught in schools today, school children would benefit from hearing the last segment of the video relating to fighting for a cause they believed in. I was disappointed that the girls didn't sing on this one. I believe you are getting quite proficient in digging relics my friend. HH, Quindy.

OP
OP
Valley Ranger

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Another very enjoyable video Richard. You had a great hunt. There is nothing like hunting relics in the footprints of your ancestors. The last 2 Tenn. Trio posts and videos were from a CSA camp where two of my great, great uncles camped and I have been fortunate to walk the same road that my great grandfather walked with the 8th TN. Infantry on the way to Chattanooga. Since American history is barely taught in schools today, school children would benefit from hearing the last segment of the video relating to fighting for a cause they believed in. I was disappointed that the girls didn't sing on this one. I believe you are getting quite proficient in digging relics my friend. HH, Quindy.

Hey Quindy - thanks. Yes, it is really a spiritual experience to hunt that ground and know that my great-great grandfather fought and was wounded there. An honor and rare privilege. The girls will be on part 2.

Metal Magnet

Bronze Member
Oct 26, 2010
OH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
love the vids. amazing that you can hunt that land with the family connection. just awesome.

OP
OP
Valley Ranger

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
love the vids. amazing that you can hunt that land with the family connection. just awesome.

You're right, it really is. I likely walked over the exact same ground where he was wounded. At the very least, I was within 50 yards.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread