New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry if that is not politically correct, but I'm fat, I just get upset when someone else calls me fat. But it's ok for me to call myself fat. Of course the Indian I'm talking about is a coin/cent. The rings have to get tested yet so I hope I didn't jinx Vino by hyping up the title. He was back in Philadelphia hunting at the church where he had some recent finds (V nickels, shield cents, and that half cent) He found this ring and another that I have not received a pic for yet.

Now here is where it gets interesting, he believes the band is brass, what do all you guys think, were there colonial rings with very big diamonds in them set on brass bands. He has found brass wedding bands there and the other church, I found a brass wedding band at the other church. I just think it's exciting, when he gets more info or pix, we will update. I'm waiting on a date from the fat Indian. (and I'm not talking about me)

Upvote 1
OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHOOPS ! Vino just called me, I jumped the gun, he says the stones are glass. The fat Indian is an 1860 Indian head penny, I forgot he found a flat button also, he is supposed to send pix later.

Sorry about the hype, I'll make sure of the finds in the future, a flat button and a Fatty is nothing to sneeze at. Same with a couple rings, even if they had glass in them. You know some costume jewelry can be expensive too. He told me the one band is very intricate.

AU_Solitude

Feb 24, 2014
Vacaville CA
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GBII, Geo Picks & Hammers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's pretty common for older jewelry like that to be set with just a crystal or cut glass gem. I have never seen a diamond set in anything less than sterling silver, and even then those stones are usually sub-par - poor in quality.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe it was customary for people to bury their wedding bands at the church they were married at when their spouse dies. My buddy was explaining that to me the other day. I had no idea (maybe it's common knowledge) bummer bout the glass but still cool finds for sure. That church has been a great producer

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe it was customary for people to bury their wedding bands at the church they were married at when their spouse dies. My buddy was explaining that to me the other day. I had no idea (maybe it's common knowledge) bummer bout the glass but still cool finds for sure. That church has been a great producer

Interesting, I have never heard that before, still very cool looking rings, you know I love those Indians, and that button is cool, I found a similar size one right around the corner of my house. I had read that the Indians used to trade stuff with the colonist for buttons. I found two separate ones both in known Lenape Indian camps, the one right a few hundred feet from my house.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds non the less! Congrats to you both!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great_find.gif
Great finds! Thanks for sharing...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread