New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back this morning to another old permission of mine where I found a Walker Half and about seven wheats. It was all overgrown so I only spent about fifteen minutes there. First repeatable signal I got was a 12-42, 12-43, I figured it was a wheat so I moved on looking for higher numbers. It was telling me seven inches deep. After a few minutes I went back and pinpointed it and dug a deep plug, my pinpointer told me it was deeper. It ended up being about 11-12 inches deep, rang clear all four ways. I thought I had another King George, then could make out the Hy Vis on the front, sweet! I looked it up, vintage 1929-1939 token. Another deep find from my CTX, I'm going to take the mower there and cut the grass (I haven't even cut my own grass but once this year, keep making my 20 yr old son do it for me) I love tokens.

I spent the rest of the morning knocking on doors and talking to people, I met four more other metal detecting people, from them answering the door, as I always do around my part of the country, allot of nice people. Hopefully my phone will start ringing off the hook (I mean blowing up!) with new permissions. I lost count how many places I knocked at?

Enjoy the pix, before and after cleaning
HH & GL
Brad

Upvote 15

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Found 3 of these here in Vegas over the last 25 years, there definitely not a easy find. Here are my last two. Yours is in so much better

ForumRunner_20141002_194047.png

condition. Congrats

Aug 18, 2013
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus W/11" coil and 9" HF coil, Garrett AT Pro W/5x8 coil
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found one here in Pa about a month ago. It's kind funny how you find something you've never heard of before and then someone else finds the same thing shortly after.

Here's mine
20140831_084846.jpg 20140831_084858.jpg

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello treblehunter. Tokens, 'ya gotta love 'em. That is a nice one with lots of info on it...thanks for the reminder to change my oil. HH. C9

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Very nice token find Brad! :thumbsup:
I'm very envious of the amount of tokens you guys in the US always seem to find.
The 'token craze' never really caught on here in Canada like it did in the US. :dontknow:

Dave

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all you guys, thanks Ray, you probably find more tokens then all of us guys put together. I appreciate all the comments from everyone.I cannot do all the likes and multi quotes like I can with my pc, I'm on my phone

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Thanks all you guys, thanks Ray, you probably find more tokens then all of us guys put together. I appreciate all the comments from everyone.I cannot do all the likes and multi quotes like I can with my pc, I'm on my phone

Thanks, lol. just been real lucky and learned what my Pro tells me are tokens. After realizing now how many I passed over thinking it was not a good enough signal. Good luck on all your next hunts.

Jyverb64

Oct 30, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer Se Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the token.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread