vINTAGE cOCA COLA WHG WVA CC bOTTLE

fastfun1111

Tenderfoot
Jan 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg I purchased an old coca cola bottle today at a flea market and was wondering if anyone could help me with the value and rarity of the bottle. It is embossed with COCA COLA BOTTLING CO WHG W.VA 7 OZ in a circle on the side and the bottom is marked C.C.. It is clear in color and apx 7 & 3/4 inches tall. It is in excellent condition with no chips or flea bites. I am having problems uploading pics right now. It also has a cork in the top prob not original. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

fastfun1111

Tenderfoot
Jan 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just noticed Agee of the letters have some small flea bite chips but nothing major. Thanks again doesn't help

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
A general rule of thumb that I read on da innanet when I found an old straight side Coca Cola bottle a couple years ago is that if the lettering is in block letters like yours it didn't contain Coke and was simply soda water or something of that sort that was bottled by them. If it's lettered using the familiar Script style writing it actually was used for Coca Cola. Bottles like yours while interesting, don't seem to have the value that a straight sided bottle used for Coca Cola normally has. http://www.cokebottles.de/homer2.htm

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions