Milford, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac,
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett AT Max
Minelab Equinox 800 and 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a older Garrett Groundhog that I just sent in to Garrett to have checked out as it works just fine but at times has a scratchy noise coming from the speaker. They called me and said that they could not duplicate the problem and it checked out fine. Tried it out when I got it back and like they said, it works fine but I do occasionally hear that scratchy noise. I am not wanting to sell this detector. I would like to donate to some ones child who would like to learn and get into this fantastic hobby. Please do not reply if it is for yourself. I would really like it to go to someone who has never had a detector and would like to get one. It is by no means up to todays standards but in it's day it was top notch. Found a lot of coins with it. Please pm me if you know of some youngster who fits this bill. I live about 30 minutes east of Cincinnati. Would really like someone to pick it up but if too far I'm sure we can work it out.

Sheppie22

OP
OP
Sheppie22

Sheppie22

Jun 9, 2011
Milford, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac,
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Detector is gone. Went to Kodiak43351 5 yr. old son. A new detectorist is born.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Great deal! Now some one will get some great usage out of it. That detector, even as old as it is, works great compared to today's standards.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son is going to be so excited. He loves going with me. Can't wait to see his face. Thanks again.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I had the Groundhog for several years, in about '80, '81, '82. They were great for their time (good when compared to other makers VLF/TR's). However by 1980, they were extremely .... uh ... ."dated". VLF/TR's went the way of the dinasours when motion disc. started to replace them all. Fond memories of those days though :)

OP
OP
Sheppie22

Sheppie22

Jun 9, 2011
Milford, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac,
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's on it way via USPS. Should receive it on Monday. Hope he enjoys it. I did.

Last edited:

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks so much sheppie I know he will. I'll post pic on this thread of him using it in the field by our house he is going to be so happy. We will take good care of it. Thanks again.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look what came in the mail today :) the smile says it all. He wants to go now but it's raining so looks like going to have to wait till tomorrow. Thanks sheppie you made a little boy so happy today.

image-2631090381.jpg

OP
OP
Sheppie22

Sheppie22

Jun 9, 2011
Milford, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac,
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Look what came in the mail today :) the smile says it all. He wants to go now but it's raining so looks like going to have to wait till tomorrow. Thanks sheppie you made a little boy so happy today.

View attachment 995950
You don't know how happy this picture makes me and to know that I could be a part of it. It just absolutely makes my day. I realize that it is a little to big and heavy for him right now but it is his to call his own. Gotta go get a kleenex right now to wipe away a tear. Give him a big hug for me.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't know how happy this picture makes me and to know that I could be a part of it. It just absolutely makes my day. I realize that it is a little to big and heavy for him right now but it is his to call his own. Gotta go get a kleenex right now to wipe away a tear. Give him a big hug for me.
i will sheppie I will help him out he was swinging it in the house with both hands and not having any problems the sun is coming out so may take him out in yard after bit. I leave my detector in house and just watch and help him. Thanks sheppie.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is just for you sheppie. It was a nice day so my son wanted to detect so I went out in our yard with him and this is his first signal and he digs a .45 shell casing at 2". He was so excited. It was a great first target I'm sure it was better than mine. image-3718842322.jpg image-3073497384.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sheppie22

Sheppie22

Jun 9, 2011
Milford, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac,
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! That's awesome. Keep it up. The coins will come.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread