Vintage Marantz

SEANO

Sep 16, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Sold them all.
Sorry I havenā€™t posted in a long time, no excuse other than lazy. I do occasionally read some posts.

Hope the hunting is going well for all. I have not been doing a ton of GS hunting. I have mostly been doing auctions, both buying and selling. Probably my best auction buy this year was a lot of nice marine electronics. I have been a boater (ocean) for many years, so I was pretty familiar with all the items. No one at the auction had much of a clue about the electronics. I ended up paying $1400 (including auction fee, but not tax (I have a resale certificate) for the very large lot. The first item sold covered my winning bid easily. Through various outlets I made 5X++ my purchase price easy. I kept a few things for my boat. :).

Well, back to a GS find. Our town does a Town-Wide Tag Sale once a year. Itā€™s a little different in that it is at one location, rather than all over town. Usually there are 50-70 families that set-up and they get over 1000 visitors. Every so often we will set-up there to move some junk, anything that doesnā€™t sell gets dropped at Goodwill on the way home. In the past I have found some great items there; Vintage Ray-Bans, coins, jewelry ect. Other than the pain of loading stuff, bringing tables and setting-up, its really a great venue for moving stuff. We did about $700 (well the wife did, I was hunting :icon_thumleft:). I generally move through fast the first time, then take my time and go through tables searching. People set up a different times, things come out later or still in boxes, we all know the deal. Well, long story short, This was the 1st item I picked-up from the original owner.
Marantz Model 2270. Paid $20.

Sorry for the lengthy ramble. Off to an auction. Best to everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_6362.JPG
    IMG_6362.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 133
Last edited:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a heck of a deal and congrats! While the prices for them on eBay are all over the place, if everything works as it should on the unit, it could easily bring $300 to $500 or more.

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread