vintage (?) wooden baseball bats

redbroyer

Sep 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
greetings all. new user here and i have been attempting to find information online regarding vintage wooden baseball bats. my in-laws are going through some stuff and they found several bats (as pictured). i will say that i'm sorry if this is something that is not all that wonderful. i know how to use them and enjoy playing ball, but the history of these vintage bats escapes me. just a cursory search online reveals that most of them are nothing more than inexpensive pieces of history. in the interest of attempting to tell my in-laws exactly what they do or do not have though, i figured i would try to find an expert on such items who could possibly help out. thank you in advance!

from what i can tell, this is the list of what they've found:

from top to bottom:

(unknown) Big League? bat
Hillerich & Bradsby model 125W (softball)
Hillerich & Bradsby model L44 (Little League Henry Aaron)
Hillerich & Bradsby model 125LL (Little League Al Kaline)
Marathon model 4353 (no other information available at this time)
Spalding model 186 (Socker)
Wilson No. A-31

Attachments

• bats.jpg
    bats.jpg
    811.4 KB · Views: 626
OP
OP
R

redbroyer

Sep 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
apologies for the upside down image. it was saved right side up, i do not know what happened.

Upvote 0

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Welcome to TreasureNet! The photo flips upright when it is clicked on to enlarge, so that's no trouble. I'm hoping someone here does know about these, as just yesterday I was looking up a H & B Danny Cater bat marked Yankees, which could only be 1970-71.... And I had no luck.

Upvote 0

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last three bats are older. The Marathon, Spalding and Wilson bats are worth checking out. I would guess pre-1960 and probably pre-1950 bats. Not worth a ton of money, but I'll bet the Marathon and Spalding bats are worth at least $20 each.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

redbroyer

Sep 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you all for the input! i appreciate you taking the time to research and reply. i will pass this information on and we will go from there!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread