• violin 5.jpg
    violin 5.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 673
OP
OP
pon1

pon1

Feb 19, 2009
my friend is a dowser , he was using a L rod'' to find that ''old violin''....

S

stefen

Stradivarius?

There are certain items in this world that may be questionable as to authenticity...

It looks old and used...maybe neglected...missing parts...and could be the real thing......

Is it worth millions or just good for barroom bets...You need to have an expert appraiser's opinion...

There are those here on TN that can play a violin, and those that just fiddle around...and those that appreciate the sound...

OtakuDude

Apr 16, 2007
Monee, IL
I think the label in the third pic reads "Made in China".

Seriously though, I believe all legit labels for 'Strads' were hand signed and that one looks decidedly pre-printed.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Many violins say "Stradivarius" inside. It's a style, not "made by." Looks like it's been through some hard times and missing many parts. Wouldn't be hard to repair it, though. Just takes patience.

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks to be a Karl Hofner Antonius Stradivarius Czech Violin, Could be from the 1800's

The marking are look to be Karl Hofner and the label if I am reading it right is from Czechoslovakia.

Need the dimensions to tell if it is 3/4 size or full size.

These sell in better condition in the 200 buck range.

Still a nice find, I like it :icon_thumright:

Lots of copies in those days and the vintage KH Diamond had a violin in the middle but was usually well defined. Could just be the pic quality.

Could be a Kutna Hora from the 1920's. Lots of violins came out of czech before the made in China craze. :dontknow:

I get the feeling that a true appraisal may cost you more then the value.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread