Visiting CO

wendysox

Greenie
Jan 25, 2008
I have done some dowsing and metal detecting, but am new to gold panning.

I am visiting Colorado from March 31st - April 9th. Staying in Denver and Silverthorne. Travelling to Leadville and would travel for some panning.

I am travelling with 2 teenaged girls that love the outdoors and are not afraid to get dirty or cold.

I have read a good bit about places to go, but I am looking for some timely advice or tips on places to go that would give us the best chance of success. Plus any other advice would be great.

Upvote 0
Mar 19, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Wendy, I live in Leadville and I am a gold prospector. I would suggest getting with Randy Witham, who is a prospecting buddy of mine, that lives in Buena Vista. You can find his website here. Gold Adventures - Home He is a very experienced prospector and could be a mining guide for you and your family on the beautiful Arkansas River. His rates are extremely reasonable, more so than anyone else I've heard of in CO, and he is a lot of fun to hang out with! You won't be disappointed. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. I'll help you as much as I can.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Wendy, welcome to treasurenet...and soon to Colorado! While you are in Denver you will be close to lots of good places to prospect and of course it'll be warmer than in the mountains!! Check out my blog for details on places to go. I've recently written detailed entries on a number of sites in metro Denver and further back you'll find a consolidated entry listing all the relevant websites. www.findinggoldincolorado.com

Have fun and enjoy getting some wild Colorado gold...its here and waiting for you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread